Nail repair refund?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isabel.Blake

Reaction score
Hey ladies

So yesterday I done a group of 6 ladies nails, all gel manicures. Today one has messaged me saying 3 have come off. Very bizzare I’ve never had that before. Without seeing them it’s hard to see what’s gone wrong. The other 5 haven’t reached out so I’m assuming there all fine but obviously it still knocks your confidence !!

I was just wondering. I’m going round tomorrow morning to fix them or need be re do them. Do I need to offer a refund aswell?! Or is redoing them enough ?

Thanks in advance x

Don’t make any offer until you’ve seen them first. If the client has picked at them or had her hands in bleach etc. then you simply charge for a re-do.

I would definitely politely inquire as to what the client was doing when it happened. This way you know for next time, or can educate the client on how to make her manicures last.

Thank you ladies !! She’s promised she hasn’t done anything in the past 24hours but I will definitely have a look at them when I get there. I’m happy to re do them but don’t really want to refund AND redo them. X

I'd as a good gesture redo them. But wouldn't refund, no need to Hun you are redoing them. Even if she asks for a refund say you can't refund for services you have carried out but you will happily redo the ones my missing xx

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

I'd as a good gesture redo them. But wouldn't refund, no need to Hun you are redoing them. Even if she asks for a refund say you can't refund for services you have carried out but you will happily redo the ones my missing xx

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Yeah that’s what I was thinking !! And if she wants a refund desperately I’ll remove the gel and not re apply. Think she’s happy for them to be re done though!! Thanks so much x

I would not offer a refund! I doubt you’ve done anything wrong, at the end of the day you have done a full set of nails. That’s your time and your materials. I would re do the nails and give an aftercare advice leaflet. She will probably badly be happy with just those nails done though. Log it on her client card as it might just a client thing, as in gel just doesn’t last well on her nails. I have clients that last three weeks, then others that have lasted two days (but they’ve told me they’ve picked it off!) xx

I would not offer a refund! I doubt you’ve done anything wrong, at the end of the day you have done a full set of nails. That’s your time and your materials. I would re do the nails and give an aftercare advice leaflet. She will probably badly be happy with just those nails done though. Log it on her client card as it might just a client thing, as in gel just doesn’t last well on her nails. I have clients that last three weeks, then others that have lasted two days (but they’ve told me they’ve picked it off!) xx

Thank you!! I’ll definitely be able to tell when I see the nails if she’s picked them !!! They never get away with it x

Latest posts

Back