Nail repairs?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nk nails

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I did a friends nails last wednesday (so its not even been a week) she wanted Gel extensions. I am quite good with my gel nails, never had a problem with them, or any problems with clients. My own gel nails have been on for nearly 2 weeks with no problems. Well my friends txt me to say 4 of her nails have come off. So i asked if they have chipped, cracked or had the whole nail come off. She said the whole nails had come off while she was tearing up cardboard.

I'm not sure what to say or do? Because technically its her fault for tearing up cardboard with nails on. And I dont think four nails would have just come off she must have picked at them maybe?

Do i go and repair her broken nails and charge her? if so how much per nail?

Help please xx

I'd charge her honey. Divide your full set charge by 10 and x 4. Thats how i'd do it x

Hi everyone. I did a friends nails last wednesday (so its not even been a week) she wanted Gel extensions. I am quite good with my gel nails, never had a problem with them, or any problems with clients. My own gel nails have been on for nearly 2 weeks with no problems. Well my friends txt me to say 4 of her nails have come off. So i asked if they have chipped, cracked or had the whole nail come off. She said the whole nails had come off while she was tearing up cardboard.

I'm not sure what to say or do? Because technically its her fault for tearing up cardboard with nails on. And I dont think four nails would have just come off she must have picked at them maybe?

Do i go and repair her broken nails and charge her? if so how much per nail?

Help please xx

No you don't! You tell her that doing a job like that is not classed as normal wear and tear and unless all her nails were coming off for no understandable reason, then she has to take responsibility for the damage she has caused. I charge 5£ per repair so that would be 20£. I work on 50¢ per minute and that job will take you 30-40 minutes. The above advice doesn't really make economic sense to me ... It takes longer to repair per nail than to do a full set. Standard 5£ per repair.

Last edited:
Ok thanks ladies I will text her now and tell her I will have to charge her. Thank you :) xx

Latest posts

Back