nail sculpturing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kitkat2004

Reaction score
Hi. i just wondered which forms were the best for sculpting..the disposable or the re-usable ones? And how on earth do you manage to sculpt a nail when there's no free edge to fit the form under ? Or do you only fit a tip to this type of nail? When i did my training we only sculpted when there was a free edge to get the form under.

arent the disposable ones the best? Im really not sure to be honset as i havent started yet, but when i do train il be doing the scuplting

kitkat2004 said:
Hi. i just wondered which forms were the best for sculpting..the disposable or the re-usable ones? And how on earth do you manage to sculpt a nail when there's no free edge to fit the form under ? Or do you only fit a tip to this type of nail? When i did my training we only sculpted when there was a free edge to get the form under.

I prefer decent quality disposables for clients (I find them faster to fit and give a great result), but I use resusables on my own nails otherwise I get all in a mess as it sticks to the wrong place!

Reusable
pros: Well... um... reusable :D
Cons: Wont fit as many people and less customisation ability

Disposable
Pros: Easier to customise so they fit more people, giver greater versatility.
Cons: Can be more expensive long run (not much though).

In my opinion, you shouldnt sculpt on someone that has no free edge (well, if you run a risk of skin exposure anyway).

Hope this helps

Now .... which disposable forms are the best ones to use , do you think ?
I've been using the ones from Star Nails, and i don't seem to get on with them, so any advice on other makes?

Thanx, Kate x

i could`nt sculpt, and have`nt been taught yet, but have been practising with creative forms and they are soooooooooooooooooooooo easy and i have been getting some nice results.
they have like perforations on them that you crease and they just seem to stay in place for me, well so far anyway lol

kitkat2004 said:

Now .... which disposable forms are the best ones to use , do you think ?
I've been using the ones from Star Nails, and i don't seem to get on with them, so any advice on other makes?

Thanx, Kate x
try creative not the horseshoe ones the blue ones they are very good

im not trained with creative ...will they still let me buy their sculpting forms? if so, does anyone have a tel number for them ?

Thanks, Kate x

try 0113 275 5719

Designer Nails restrictions on product purchases are only on L&P (maybe the new Gel) so you should be fine on purchasing the forms as long as you have proof that you are a professional nail technician.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back