Nail shut in boot

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddie

Reaction score
I stupidly shut the boot down on my nail 2 weeks ago although very painful at the time the next day it started to go black near the cuticle. It still is very black but is"nt painful. Is it just a case of growing the nail out or do you think I may have damaged the matrix?

Hi

:eek: OWW i bet that hurt! Its going to be a wait and see situation i am afraid. Give it 3-6 months and then you will know. Time will tell.

My boyfriend did that with a hammer - ouch! Suprisingly, and luckily I guess, he didn't get the kind of painful bleed where they end up having to pierce a hole in your nail to let off the pressure (I had that once, darn windows! Left it for 15 hours and was in so much pain by the end of it I'd have happily let them cut my finger off, never mind a little hole!).
Anyway, it's black as night but the nail doesn't seem to have distorted yet and it's growing out relatively normally.
I've the nail on my right hand playing hockey over 5 years ago: it bent straight away and stayed growing bent, but hopefully it'll be a case off if it keeps growing straight now, it'll stay straight?
Lol x

Poor you Maddie :eek: .....I shut my thumb in the car door back in June and it still hasn't grown back up fully, still have a few millimetres before I get a free edge.

My nail was black for weeks....I had split it under the eponychium almost straight across (if that makes sense!!!) All I can say is you just have to wait and see if you have done any permanent damage....time will tell but to help use loads of Solar Oil...I did and I have no visible damage. HTH

Latest posts

Back