nail solutions product

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherryblossom

Reaction score
Hi Everyone
im a newbie here just started a vctc manicure/extention coarse at my college,im into my 4th week and love it.:) we have been told to buy a gel nail kit and most of the girls have bought the star nails kit,but my friend has recommended the nail solutions uv calcium gel kit just wondered if any one has used it and what they think?

thanks linzi x

Have you forgotten you have posted this in the Site assistance section....there are some answer there for you hun.

I have not Heard of this system...there are many out there such as Brisa (Creative) UV Gel (Star) Gel It (EzFlow) Cal Gel, Bioscultpture to name a few...why not do some searches on the site and see what you can comp up with - but having said that without spending onthe training you wont be able to buy one (unless already trained) and assuming that you arent as you are doing your VTCT...which one does the college sell you - with my course we had to go with what the college reommended!

Hi there
Thanks for the advice as i stated the college has recommended that we buy star nails as they do some kind of deal with them ,but my tutor says its optional and we can chose another brand so i have thought about nails solutions uv calcium gel as ive heard its good and i can order online, just curious if any one else had used it.

linzi

I have tried both in the past and if I had too choose between those two, i'd go with the Calcium gels.

Good luck with your training.
Lou

Hi I am still suprised your tutor will let all her students use a different brand of system - it just seems odd....anyway Like i stated I dont know if you will be able to purchase a kit without paying out for training in addition to your college fees, do you understand where I am comming from - I might be wrong but with most systems you have be have been qualified with an NVQ or VTCT previously or go on their training course which will cost your money - that just seems crazy! may i ask why you dont want to use the colleges recommend kit? I have worn Stars Gel and it was great for me?

Plus any company that would sell you there system without you having been trained and not to go on their training ain't worth a penny in my book....hope you find what you are needing if you really want to get this Solutions Calcium gel...

i would stick with the one the college reccommends because if you experience any problems with the product your fellow students and tutor will have some idea of the problem and solution........
if no-one else is using nail solutions but you thenyou wont be able to have any support off your fellow technicians.
p.s a long while ago i did try nail solutions l&p and although it wasn't an awfull product to work with i didnt get the results i wanted and seems inferior to what i now use........i dont have any experience of their gel but start as you mean to go on and use a good quality product which will not let you down.
also using a low end product can play havoc with your confidence as you feel all the problems are caused by you, when actually it is the product letting you down
:green:

Plus if you need help after the course has complete Star offer training all around the country and their One2One tution is quite competive - why not call United Beauty and check ths out first...

and then call Salon Solutions abou their Calcium Gel and see what they offer, maybe this too will help you decide...and Joannes point is very valid....all products work differently you will want all the help and support from your students and if its subsidised to then even better

hi again
just to let you all know ive done my research and the nail solutions company do offer training coarses for there products and they also sell student kits that you can buy online or from a brochure,my tutor only recommended star nails product to use at the college while training as they do a deal with them and get a discount.the optional part was to use another brand if we had done reserch on the product and done a few nail extentions before in which i have ,also as we are the students it is up to us which we buy as we are paying for the products,(dont want to purchase a kit to find you dont like it and have to buy another)so saving money there.As i stated before i have a friend which i forgot to mention is a nail technician which recommended nail solutions calcium gel ,all i asked if any one else had used this and what do they think? surely if i get any problems the company would give me advise thats what they are there for,and as for students yes we all might come across some difficulties but thats part of the learning process,some students will be able to get on with a product and some wont.

linzi x

cherryblossom said:
hi again
just to let you all know ive done my research and the nail solutions company do offer training coarses for there products and they also sell student kits that you can buy online or from a brochure,my tutor only recommended star nails product to use at the college while training as they do a deal with them and get a discount.the optional part was to use another brand if we had done reserch on the product and done a few nail extentions before in which i have ,also as we are the students it is up to us which we buy as we are paying for the products,(dont want to purchase a kit to find you dont like it and have to buy another)so saving money there.As i stated before i have a friend which i forgot to mention is a nail technician which recommended nail solutions calcium gel ,all i asked if any one else had used this and what do they think? surely if i get any problems the company would give me advise thats what they are there for,and as for students yes we all might come across some difficulties but thats part of the learning process,some students will be able to get on with a product and some wont.

linzi x
Glad you are sorted then, and do hoped you appreciated the advise...however reading between the lines I think you had really already made your mind up - which is great..and I hope you enjoy using it and get good results....

You will find on the site sometimes you will get other advise linked to your question to try and help you on your way even if its not quite what you wanted.... :| we are all really passionate about nails on this fab site as I am sure you are too...

Its good that Calcium gel can offer you the support and addtional training you require, doing some more research always pays off. :green:

and of course you will come across problems all of us do throughout our life as it we are always learning some of us educating ourselves more than others but never stopping....

Anyway keep us all informed of your learning................ttfn

Thanks louise
For all the advice ,i will certainly keep you all posted with the update on my training.ill let you know how the nail soltions calcium gel works for me and my future clients.

linzi x

Latest posts

Back