Nail stall at a local event, what do I need to consider?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire@OBNMK

Reaction score
Hiya Geeks.

A neighbour of mine told me about a local charity event happening in the first week of June.

They are still looking for stalls and they mentioned beauty stalls, so I've emailed them to give me some details.

I normally do Gelish but I've just bought some Vinylux and I think that would be perfect to use there (Gelish would take too long at an outdoor event i think) plus i could take a selection of quick and easy nail art designs and some foils (got some on order).

Pricing on Vinylux, I'm not sure currently I charge £20 for Gelish but I have a promotion on because Ive just started up.
Maybe £10 for a Vinylux mani on that day (I think Id charge a little more in my treatment room), nail art would be extra as per normal.

I don't know how busy it would be, it could be crap but I realy ned to get my name out there.

• What do you guys think?
  • What do i need to consider?
  • Anyone got any pics of a stall that theyve done before?
  • Any other advice would be smashing as I wouldn't want to cock it up! :D

Look forward to your replies, Claire xxx

I have done hundreds of these and have to tell you it's a huge learning curve!

Every one will be different, so you may have an amazing time, make lots of cash and book five new loyal clients:D

Unfortunately you may also stand there like a lemon all night lol

Go with an open mind, a big smile, plenty of business cards, don't take too many different choices of products, offer basic nail art designs that you can do quickly but accurately.

Take a small cash float, bottled water, a bag for rubbish, a cushion! And a nice cover/ cloth for the table. If you have a tiny fold up picnic table take that to work on and use the stall table for display and to work from.

Have a very clear notice of your charges ( people will still ask!)

Some places like a copy of your public liability insurance

Hope that gives you something to work on xx

i do file and polish approx £5 in charity events, suppose depends on the people attending. less is more, no cuticle work.
but still remember hand gel and file disinfectant spray. nail polish remover and plenty of wipes/gauze. 240 grit files and i take a koala buffer just incase someone has a bit of delamination etc. oh and scrubfresh

a bottle of water for yourself with sportscap so your not having to mess around.

take plenty of change!

i pop a copy of my insurance certificate in my bag just incase someone enquires

business cards, price lists

pics on table of your treatment room or if mobile your glitter hoards etc, makes them want more!

branded things like CND towel, cnd additives box, anything that "looks the part"

you dont want too many bits out on your table incase they get pinched, perfect reason with vinylux - they can be affected by any light so keep them in a box under your table etc.

i have 3 colour wheels with the standard colours on, (they are all the same, just once one gets picked up, everyone wants a look!) and another 2 with nail art on- simple ones only.

maybe take your diary and say anyone booking future treatment, if they go down in diary that evening, you'll give 10% to the charity, will make people with an interest in the charity book in.

with business card, hole punch a corner, pop around top of love hearts mini pack sweets with ribbon like a xmas gift tag.
give them as you take the cash for service. sweets are cheap in B&M or home bargains.

if things are slow to begin with, grab someone you know and do their nails to generate interest

BLIMEY!!

You ladies are fab! Thanks so much.
Christ i've got so much to think about......(don't panic Mr Mannering!! lol :Scared:)

I did do a stall years ago for wedding stationery and that was a complete nightmare :(, so i know that feeling well. :D

I need to find a gazebo and a cheapy portable table to work from.

Thanks again xxx

Oh outside, now that's a whole different game lol

If you think you are going to do a lot of these invest in a good gazebo not a cheaply one, it will fall down or blow away! We have one of these
Gala Marquees – Marquee Tents, Instant Gazebos, Tables and Chairs

If on grass get some tent pegs, if on concrete get some weights

Make sure you know how to put it up and pack away before the day!

However hot the day is put the back panel on, you don't want people walking round the back and pinching stuff.

We put a long lightweight table at the back panel with a long cloth over and put all untidy stuff under it and safe

You will need at least two chairs, be prepared to stick something under the legs to make them stable, you will often be on uneven grass.

If it rains the air in the gazebo stays damp and polish takes forever to dry, be patient

I'm sure ill think of something else. Don't worry, I love doing these!

i do file and polish approx £5 in charity events, suppose depends on the people attending.

Do you not think though £5 for a Vinylux mani would be too cheap, I know its a charity event, what about £8 instead just on the day?

We charge £3 for a mini manicure (no polish) £3 for polish and art £3 glitter tattoos. You are not going to make a fortune, be quick, be a bargain and do as many people as possible. These things are an amazing advert!

We charge £3 for a mini manicure (no polish) £3 for polish and art £3 glitter tattoos. You are not going to make a fortune, be quick, be a bargain and do as many people as possible. These things are an amazing advert!

Ok i get ya.

It's a way of getting noticed rather than a money making exercise.:)

Ok i get ya.

It's a way of getting noticed rather than a money making exercise.:)

Exactly :) BUT if you have room and someone to make sure nothing gets stolen there's nothing to stop you retailing Vinylux!!

Latest posts

Back