Nail technician course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailo

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to this and I'm planning on doing a nail tech course during the summer. There are two reasons I want to do it-1)because I spend a fortune on it and 2)because I'm really bad at doing my nails!
What I'm now worried about is, what if I do the course and I'm still painting cuticles by the end of it? Is a steady hand something that can be learned? The course is expensive and I think id enjoy it and I do work hard..if I'm not good at something I try and try until I am good at it! But with something like this that's hands on, can I learn to be good at it or would you have to have been decent enough at it beforehand?
Sorry if this is confusing but basically I'm wondering in this profession and after people do their courses are there some that are still useless at it? We never hear the stories of the people who did a MUA course for example and still sucked at doing make up! How high are the chances that I'll do this course and still not feel confident with it, can it be learnt or does a lot of ot have to come naturally?
Thanks in advance for your expertise!:o

im afraid anyone can sit through a course and still not be very good
but if your determined, hard working and put on lots of practice and effort you will get there
im sitting a nail tech course in Edinburgh with KSI nails in Aug its £500 for a full acrylic and gel extension course with kit
i have been viewing pictures of other students and they look fab after 3 days!
have a look at young nails they offer training over the uk thats who trains KSI nails
so looking forward to being a part of the nail geek fam lol xxx

I did a full year on a nail course i finished it 3 yrs ago and only now do i feel confident enough also i still suck at makeup so do not offer it lol

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't know how girls can do acrylics after a one day course. Amazes me. I think it takes a long time to master such a skill xx

Practice
Practice
&
Practice!

You will be fine!

Draw nails on paper and practice with cheapo polishes (so you don't go out of pocket using a quality brand) or practice polishing techniques on friends/family...
Don't think you can't do, don't pay attention to negative comments or people
Xxx
All the best x

I did an intense nail course and I think different things work for different people. It worked for me because I have a passion for nails and I'm dedicated to perfecting what I learnt. I practise regularly and have regular clients who love my work. So please don't be put off but also you must be prepared to work hard and put in the time. If you feel like it's something you really want to do then don't let anyone stop you, good luck and would love to hear what you end up doing x

Thanks for all the feedback, really appreciate it. I love the practicing on paper idea! I'll let you all know how I get on after the course, I'm going to give it a go anyway-if I don't try I won't know I suppose! 😊

Just another question, I have the option of just doing the natural nail and gelish/shellac or to do that plus gel and acrylics. Should I bother with doing the falsies? Will I have enough to be learning with the natural nails? Also thinking there's much more risk of me damaging someone with false nail application! Is there much demand for the 'claws' anymore? The price difference between the two courses is €190, about £165.

Latest posts

Back