Nail Technicians Branded As Dumb!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sue isn't a journalist. However I think for the article to be discussed properly it would have been better to quote it from the start, and mention what it was all about. We could only respond to the initial question of nail techs being branded as dumb.

Exactly... !

Who is Sue btw?

CA read all of the posts hun please, it will all make sense then

I have to agree with Chris on this one. I found the article very interesting, and certainly, in no way offensive.

I would be more than happy to have CPD points. I am constantly striving to update and expand my techniques and knowledge of this industry. I take it very seriously, and would love others to see it in the same way.

I'm doing a job that I love and if you listen to the posts on this site, nearly every other technician feels the same way.

How many other industries could say the same?

BTW, Sue (aka Paris) is an Educator for Millennium Nails in South Wales. I have done quite a few training courses with her, and her passion for the nail industry is clear to anyone who meets her.

1. I did not write the article, I was asked to contribute to it and my reply was edited and printed by the person who put the piece together.

2. It was not until I was named on this site that I chose to reply. Until then I had just watched the thread run wildly on.

3. I never asked anyone to apologise - just withdraw emotive words I was supposed to have said, and which had fuelled the fire. If someone credited you for saying something you did not, which subsequently caused the fuss that this did - then you would no doubt take the time to refute it - and I am still waiting.

4. "Just a tech" can actually contribute towards a discussion in a publication. Anyone who keeps within the remit that Kat Hanks described can do it. Just write in. Techs have the right to express an opinion as much as the next person.

Oh this thread is still here :rolleyes: lol...I read the article and at the time thought 'hmmm kind of a sweeping thing to say which in many cases if far from right'!...I am academic as well as practical/artistic (as are some of the people I most admire in our industry)...so I brushed it off as just someones opinion and is not about me or many others...I guess I can see why it annoyed some but at least it is in a mag read by technicians and not the 'general' public as it doesn't really do much to help in our cause of raising the image of our industry out there does it! Just my opinion:)

Hey don't worry about it!I have been hairdressing for 20yrs and chose to try nails for a change.It is a really interesting so far (I am still training).Us hairdressers have been called thick for years but look at all the celeb hairdressers out there making millons, that can't be being dumb can it?It is a few small minded people who don't know the skill that is involved in being a nail tech.

Latest posts

Back