Nail technicians & runny nose

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, This may sound like an add but it is not. There are strict rules and guidelines in health and safety document SR13, see this link.COSHH essentials for service and retail SR13 - HSE

The use of proper extraction is essential for any therapist's short term and long term health. The document states quite clearly that "mask's are not enough". We distribute an overhead extractor that meets all the guidelines and more and is widely used in the USA and across Europe. It can also be used with a LED light so may have two functions. In the USA it is also used in hairdressing salons, clamped to the back of the chair, Brazillian Blow Dry treatments are more popular there and they use formaldehyde in the treatment. The Sunflower II has a carbon filter which absorbs these toxic smells and odours. You can google Sunflower II or check out our website for more information but in any event you should use proper extraction.
Ambermist

We don't even have any extractor fans :( and I've never been offered a mask. No one else wears one I feel like I'll look ridiculous but I think I'm gonna have to start cause it's getting really bad.
I don't have any breathing problems but I've started to have cheat paid recently :(

Laura xx

This is going to sound revolting but I'm going to say it anyway lol

A fingerfull of vaseline wiped around the inside of the nostril (there told you) collects pollen and works like a dream in the summer according to members of my family, and of course nobody can see it. I think the tiny particles cling to it instead of finding their way further up

Just wondered if it might help anybody?

Latest posts

Back