Nail techs-how many clients a day?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailednails

Reaction score
As a nail technician renting salon space/room/table, someone who exclusively offers nail treatments, how many clients do you average a day?

I've just sat down to work out my marketing plans, business plan, outgoing, expenses and what I would need to achieve to make a wage, and would just be interested what other professionals were doing? If you think back to your first few months, what was your appointment book like? I've looked long and hard at all the marketing material available here, and online and have a clear strategy and lots of ideas that can be reused in quieter times, I won't be qualified until next year, so it is all just really planning and prep, I don't want to Finnish my course with JUST a qualification in hand, all naive , with grand hopes way beyond my reach or abilities, I want to be realistic, and I want to get to know my market, get to know my potential client base, and spend these precious months planning my moves and being aware of what I need to do. My partner owns a small business locally, and thus has a quite impressive collection of other local small business contacts, all of these avenues I'm planning to exploit, despite them being of a completely different industry, there are still opportunities to cease in terms of new clients and networking. From what I've worked out, if I could make possibly 3-4 clients a day then I'm on my way...is this unrealistic to start with?

I know my personal strengths, I am a people person, Im approachable, I'm creative, I'm dedicated. But I know my weaknesses too, right now Im literally being introduced to nails, it's all alien to me, but I'm throwing myself in to it, I WANT to make this work, for myself, I want to achieve and I want to provide for my family. I plan on obviously learning to be technically very good at my trade, but also to be more business minded, be innovative and make this as successful as I can.

So basically I'm planning and preparing myself as a persona and as a business before I make my break onto the scene, I'm sure I will Learn so so much on the way, and continues do so as I go along.

Any advice or tips would be fantastic.

X

As a nail technician renting salon space/room/table, someone who exclusively offers nail treatments, how many clients do you average a day?

I've just sat down to work out my marketing plans, business plan, outgoing, expenses and what I would need to achieve to make a wage, and would just be interested what other professionals were doing? If you think back to your first few months, what was your appointment book like? I've looked long and hard at all the marketing material available here, and online and have a clear strategy and lots of ideas that can be reused in quieter times, I won't be qualified until next year, so it is all just really planning and prep, I don't want to Finnish my course with JUST a qualification in hand, all naive , with grand hopes way beyond my reach or abilities, I want to be realistic, and I want to get to know my market, get to know my potential client base, and spend these precious months planning my moves and being aware of what I need to do. My partner owns a small business locally, and thus has a quite impressive collection of other local small business contacts, all of these avenues I'm planning to exploit, despite them being of a completely different industry, there are still opportunities to cease in terms of new clients and networking. From what I've worked out, if I could make possibly 3-4 clients a day then I'm on my way...is this unrealistic to start with?

I know my personal strengths, I am a people person, Im approachable, I'm creative, I'm dedicated. But I know my weaknesses too, right now Im literally being introduced to nails, it's all alien to me, but I'm throwing myself in to it, I WANT to make this work, for myself, I want to achieve and I want to provide for my family. I plan on obviously learning to be technically very good at my trade, but also to be more business minded, be innovative and make this as successful as I can.

So basically I'm planning and preparing myself as a persona and as a business before I make my break onto the scene, I'm sure I will Learn so so much on the way, and continues do so as I go along.

Any advice or tips would be fantastic.

X

Good for you. ..it is a breath of fresh air reading this post. I'm confident you will be just fine. ..and the very best of luck. I'm sure you will receive lots of advice from the nail geeks.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi!

I am in the same boat so I would love to hear answers too. I am amazed and impressed at the abundance of information on SG, I am so glad I found it by chance!

Good luck to you, you sound like you've got the right mindset to go far :)

Thank you, I'm just trying to put measures in place now to prevent failure,I would rather prevent it happening now than trying to resuscitate a failing business....I know this is not a guaranteed strategy, it I don't want to be posting on here six months in, with a small client list, in debt, used no marketing or advertising, with unhappy customers asking to help save me from my failing business and most probably in a bubble of doubt and with lack of enthusiasm, disheartened from my early failings.
I have so many ideas, and its important for me to try and prioritise, I need to be able to reach out to new clients and still make money, seasonalise certain promotions and discounts, identify quieter months and throw out a few marketing ideas, when I'm busy, and have full paying clients and a near full week appointment wise-it doesn't make business sense to offer cut prices, it will alienate your full paying customers and lessen your service. I'm not saying this is fool proof, I just want to be realistic and proactive in making this the best it can be!

Thank you <3
X

I have just recently went independent a month ago. I rent/pay commission in a hair salon. (I pay booth rent if I make over the set price or I pay commission if I don't reach that price) I offer nail service from L&P, natural, gel polish, facial waxing, and pedicures. ( I live in the US and have my full cosmetology license and in my state you can practice all of those with your license) I normally only have one to three people on my book a day for the works but since the salon is busy I get "walk ins" from their clients if I don't have anyone scheduled at that time. Some days are good from having 5 or 6 to only having 1 or 2 and the occasional walk in for waxing. It's quite a wake up call from being in a busy nail salon to working on 10+ clients a day to having only a few. I'm making decent money now but if I hadn't saved for all my supplies I would not have broke even yet.

Thanks for your advice!! :) well I'm planning on buying my polished and things as I go along, so I don't have such a big initial outlay, which will obviously impact on ny first few months of business.
X

Thanks for your advice!! :) well I'm planning on buying my polished and things as I go along, so I don't have such a big initial outlay, which will obviously impact on ny first few months of business.
X

This is my intention. I want to have the full range of Vinylux and Shellac come July when I finish my course :D oh and have completed my shellac course of course ;)

Latest posts

Back