Nail tip problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammyt

Reaction score
using opi structure white tips. sometimes iv done a full set and some of the nails have a gap underneath between nail and the tip. the white tip just looks like it wouldnt lay flat, generally happens on thumbs?
anybody know why this is, and any recommendations of diffrent nail tips i could use?

It sounds as if the tips are the wrong size for the nails if they have a gap underneath them.
Try going up a tip size and tailoring it to fit (filing the sides etc) or alternatively you could sculpt.

using opi structure white tips. sometimes iv done a full set and some of the nails have a gap underneath between nail and the tip. the white tip just looks like it wouldnt lay flat, generally happens on thumbs?
anybody know why this is, and any recommendations of diffrent nail tips i could use?

ive used opi structures they are very good, i dont think its the wrong size of the tip, its because the clients thumb nail has a flatter surface than the other fingers, therefore the structure tips dont sit on very well and leaves a gap. for clients like these i recommend you to do acrylic sculptures or look around for tips that dont have such a dramatic C curve.

as far as I know Structure tips are specifically designed for flat nails, there supposed to be a gap left, you only attach the ears of the tip to the plate, then fill the gap with pink powder and then do an overlay the usual way.

this months Scratch has a demo on how to use structure tips.

personally I would rather sculpt then use a tip, as it is quicker for me.

hope his helps:hug:

not sure if i worded it right, but i mean there was a gap if u looked from underneath the nail and cud see gap between natural nail and tip. this def not right cos itl mean structure is weak

I would sculpt the nail if I were you

I saw this in scratch and they were definitely used as you say, with a gap. I didn't think it was ideal to sculpt when the nail was very flat as your zone 1 will be very flat too?

I have had this done to me to be honest and the structure wasn't weak at all.. in fact they were very solid enhancements. Alas, I didn't keep them on too long as they were competition style and were a little too long for me, although they were beautiful nails.

I saw this in scratch and they were definitely used as you say, with a gap. I didn't think it was ideal to sculpt when the nail was very flat as your zone 1 will be very flat too?

if you sculp on the flat nail you can pinch the nail in its moulding stage to establish a C curve.

:hug:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back