Nail tips brand! Share opinion!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leila1712

Reaction score
Hi everyone ! I was wondering if you all could share what is your favorite brand of nail tips and why!? There is sooo many! I personnally use cnd velocity and was wondering the diffrrence with the formation ones etc.. Please share your opinions :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

Velocity from CND are the best tips on the market in my opinion and do well for 99% of clients, and blend like a dream come true.

Formation take more blending and have a full well and are only suitable for flatter C Curve. Now in. North America, many have this flatter c curve so it is used more widely there while in Europe ladies have a higher C curve.

The beauty of Velocity tips is that they both have a high c curve and also flatten out to accommodate that type of nail too. My favourite tip. If it is suiting your needs, then you do not need another.

I used to use velocity, and still do sometimes.
But I mainly use Bio Sculpture. They have a good strength and blend well.
And good sizes. A lot of my clients seem to have wide thumbs.
Although I will say I do slightly prefer them with gel to acrylic. Wonder why :/ hehe.

Laura xx

Velocity from CND are the best tips on the market in my opinion and do well for 99% of clients, and blend like a dream come true.

Formation take more blending and have a full well and are only suitable for flatter C Curve. Now in. North America, many have this flatter c curve so it is used more widely there while in Europe ladies have a higher C curve.

The beauty of Velocity tips is that they both have a high c curve and also flatten out to accommodate that type of nail too. My favourite tip. If it is suiting your needs, then you do not need another.

Thx geeg, it us true in north america most people dont have a very deep C-curve so i was wondering if it is the reason my velocity tips tend to "crack" "split" in the middle top of the free edge :( i can see they flatten easily and adapt very well to different types of fingernails but perhaps i am doing something that is causing the crack to happen?:( would you have an idea of whats wrong? Thank you!

I used to use velocity, and still do sometimes.
But I mainly use Bio Sculpture. They have a good strength and blend well.
And good sizes. A lot of my clients seem to have wide thumbs.
Although I will say I do slightly prefer them with gel to acrylic. Wonder why :/ hehe.

Laura xx

What kind of c-curve do they have? And ehat are they called exaxtly?

Thx geeg, it us true in north america most people dont have a very deep C-curve so i was wondering if it is the reason my velocity tips tend to "crack" "split" in the middle top of the free edge :( i can see they flatten easily and adapt very well to different types of fingernails but perhaps i am doing something that is causing the crack to happen?:( would you have an idea of whats wrong? Thank you!

Velocity tips are meant to flatten out. Only two things I know that will caiuse cracking of Velocity tips are:

1. Never wipe over the tip with Scrub Fresh or other sanitiser/dehydrater. This will most definitely cause cracking.

2. If your mix ratio of L&P is too wet it will shrink more on curing and will put pressure on the tip which could crack it .. Some gels also shrink (depending on the brand you use) quite markedy and can cause cracking of tips, especially if they have been blended to far and too thin.

HTH

Latest posts

Back