Nail tips v nail forms

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murphy01

Reaction score
I qualified in gel polish application back in November and really enjoying this treatment but would like to now look at offering some form of nail extensions for those who have short nails or simply want longer nails. Am I right in thinking I have two options - Nail Tips or Nail Forms? If so, what's the better option in your opinion and why? Need to book onto a course but first I need to decide what I want to offer. Thank you in advance for any help and advice.

Most courses start with teaching tips, application and blending are a skill all of its own. You can then orogress onto firms although some providers will teach both anyways.

Once qualified it’s generally down to personal preference. I always sculpt now, in fact I can’t remember the last time I used tips.

Most courses start with teaching tips, application and blending are a skill all of its own. You can then orogress onto firms although some providers will teach both anyways.

Once qualified it’s generally down to personal preference. I always sculpt now, in fact I can’t remember the last time I used tips.

Thank you that's really helpful!

Like pure said above, tips are easier to learn on because the tip is pre-shaped or filed into shape first and then you can focus on learning your application properly as an overlay on top. Once you've mastered your application and structure, you can move onto forms where you sculpt the shape as you go :) Application of forms is a technical skill to master but if you're already confident with your acrylic/gel application you're half way there :)

Thank you ladies x

Latest posts

Back