Nail treatments from CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsP

Reaction score
I am a CND stalwart and everything in my salon is CND :green: as a natural nails only salon.

However, I would like to offer 'nail solutions' and Men's specilaist products but CND seem to fall short a little here on the variety of options....

There only seems to be 'toughen up' and only in the large size.

I have considered using Essie or Jessica as they have a great range of natural nailcare products but am rather obsessed with my CND...

Any suggestions please?? :hug:

Whats to say all men need tougher nails?
Toughen up is a strengthener and base coat and I would not necessarily associate it with men any more then any other treatment.

There is a matt polish- super matt by CND which alongside neutral colours may appeal more to men then a shiney one.
Cuticle eraser and solar oil are also equally good for men as a woman as a nail treatment.

With regards to your mani, pedi packages you could tailor these toward male clientèle using scentations like 'birch and mint' or 'apple and cinnamon' as more unisex scents then some.

I personally think you have all the options with your existing range to offer more for a male clientèle, its just a case of marketing it to them in a way that will appeal.
My other half loves the freshness or the marine pedi's on the rare occasions I treat him. He chooses not to have any polish but loves the massage and exfoliation... what man wouldnt!?

Hi - oops think may have confused here...

I wanted a more varied range of treatments to offer for problematic nails... PLUS perhaps a specific range for men (not strong nails for men only) :)

The citrus mani goes down a treat with men but I wanted a matt product - so thanks for the recommendation of supermatt :green: - just what I needed for them..

Would be nice to have brittle, damaged, stop btiting, peeling nails, dry etc etc.. rather than one or two option and in large size - my customers won;t buy it..

Super MATTE is fab ,
You could clear shellac and buff shine off for a longer lasting result ,

But you could offer cuticle away cuticle care , hot towels to remove followed by solar oil and koala buff ,
This helps stain poof / remove, water proof , seal , smooth and strengthen , it will not add a glossy shine but a heathy glo ,

My men clients normally go for this ,

Pedicures of course , better if you can happily remove the corners from slightly ingrown nails, alot of men just grin and bare it , callouses removal and cucumber heel therapy go down well to , and I retail the small size mondo hand foot sprays , (Minty)
Cuticle erase is also a winner :)

Last edited:
I know I'm not helping with the question of 'brittle, damaged, biting' etc but I think Raw Earth is a great product range for male pedis.

LOL.. I don't do pedi's for men :lol:

it's more the soltions for weak, brittle, peeling, biters, post extension etc... for retailing and treatments. Solar Oil of course flies out - inall sizes I might add!:green:

Hi - oops think may have confused here...

I wanted a more varied range of treatments to offer for problematic nails... PLUS perhaps a specific range for men (not strong nails for men only) :)

The citrus mani goes down a treat with men but I wanted a matt product - so thanks for the recommendation of supermatt :green: - just what I needed for them..

Would be nice to have brittle, damaged, stop btiting, peeling nails, dry etc etc.. rather than one or two option and in large size - my customers won;t buy it..

Personally i would rather have 1 products that helps with all those problems then 14 different types of base coat!!

Solar oil will help with quite alot of nail problems and encourages health nail growth!! i would recommend Super Matte and Solar oil daily rather then have lots of different base coats!
Also brand recognition! people recognize the CND brand its the best we all rave to our client has brilliant the stuff is! and then you go and tell them at a base coat from X brand and they know its not CND! they'll feel like second best! x

Sorry if I misunderstood you.

Is there a reason you want lots of different products instead of just one/two to do the same job?
I think you would still retail the same number of units, just of the same product (solar oil) instead of lots of different ones to treat individual issues.

We are telling our clients solar oil is great for all these things so we would then be contradicting ourselves to then retail something else for one of them problems.

Hey - no worries CP - I was a bit keen getting my words out :green:

Perhaps I am underestimating the true value of Solar Oil then... which I didn;t think was possible but when I read these replies I can cover many conditions with the oil :hug:

:) personal choice...I tolerate feet...I asked this question to someone on another thread who won't do feet full stop - as it maximises potential.

I am on my own in the salon and just wouldn't feel comfortable about it ZoZo

But you do men's hands alone in the salon? So the issue is feet. I do understand and you do need to work within your comfort zone but if you ever do feel like stepping outside your comfort zone, I would say, men who have pedicures are generally nice men who look after themselves (possibly a little vain!) and generally have nicer feet than women.

Agree with Zo Zo about men's feet, you generally find the ones that will have a pedicure have better feet than most woman. The worst feet I have come across are females...

TBH - my assistant used to do the odd male that would ask - and since she is not here now I havent been even asked to do hands on a guy so not been alone yet - when I'm happy doing that - I will perhaps do feet ;)

Latest posts

Back