Nail wrap suppliers - recommendations?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaxGirl

Reaction score
Hey in bad need of help

I need a new nail wrap brand

I've been with kookys and do a lot of them on toes and have a lot of bookings

However, due to some problems with changes in quality and dramas with distributers which I won't go into I'm in desperate need of a new nail wrap and very quickly as I have a lot of bookings supplies have ran low and I'm panicking

I need a wrap that meets the following

-not available in regular shops
-high quality design
-strong and last well - customers getting at least 8 weeks on toes at mo
- and important - apply with no heat

Any ideas suggestions my supplies are so low feeling stressed about it all???

Hey in bad need of help

I need a new nail wrap brand

I've been with kookys and do a lot of them on toes and have a lot of bookings

However, due to some problems with changes in quality and dramas with distributers which I won't go into I'm in desperate need of a new nail wrap and very quickly as I have a lot of bookings supplies have ran low and I'm panicking

I need a wrap that meets the following

-not available in regular shops
-high quality design
-strong and last well - customers getting at least 8 weeks on toes at mo
- and important - apply with no heat

Any ideas suggestions my supplies are so low feeling stressed about it all???

Didn't like to read & run as once I read apply with no heat I was completely flummoxed id maybe ask for samples of all the well known brands & trial them on your self. Hope you find one.

Dashing Diva?

If any of you lovely geeks who do nail wraps could make a recommendation I would be soo appreciative

Hi
I use minx and it lasts abt the same length of time on toes. They have lots if designs and colours to chose from 😄

Hi
I use minx and it lasts abt the same length of time on toes. They have lots if designs and colours to chose from ��

do you have to use heat to apply it?

Yes. I use an Infra red lamp :)

thankyou geeg

do you know have they more than the 6 designs on website?

my customers mad for colour brightness and bling

They have loads of different designs and dashing diva coolness. X

Dashing Diva

So been having some help from you lovely geeks and looks like I'm moving over to nail wraps using heat

I'm thinking of using a combination of minx chix and lynx - to get the selection of designs I would have had before with kooky

Would love to hear from anyone else using them and which are your most popular ones - I've done lots of searches on here and doesn't seem to be a topic discussed as much

I plan to do them without topcoats etc - is this the same as you all do?

Did you go on the minx training course?

Nearest one to me is Dublin which is over 3 hours away and possibly an overnight stay so is there distance learning I can do on it?

Kookys on toes are in such demand with me and my stocks running low so really panicking and customers keep ringing for more lol haha so typical

I looked at dashing diva and they looked fab - but there was only a small selection - I'm looking for bright oranges and colour and reflection and wow

I didn't do a training course for minx, a well known CND educator showed me what to do and I applied a couple, then I was away! I'd say if you've been doing wraps for ages you'll be fine, principle is the same. The only difference when using heat is they go a bit floppy and stretch easily so you have to be quite gentle with them. Personally I don't file the excess away, I wait till the end and cut the nail and wrap at the same time with nail clippers.

The most popular ones for me are; any that have a metallic eliminate, hippy chicks of any sort and animal prints.

HTH
Karaxxx

I didn't do a training course for minx, a well known CND educator showed me what to do and I applied a couple, then I was away! I'd say if you've been doing wraps for ages you'll be fine, principle is the same. The only difference when using heat is they go a bit floppy and stretch easily so you have to be quite gentle with them. Personally I don't file the excess away, I wait till the end and cut the nail and wrap at the same time with nail clippers.

The most popular ones for me are; any that have a metallic eliminate, hippy chicks of any sort and animal prints.

HTH
Karaxxx

thankyou you are brill!!!

are there any particular nail clippers you use (its toes I be doing)?

Nope I just use my pedicure ones, the larger size for toes. It works brilliantly as it kind of squashes the minx onto the toe and makes a better seal, I've never had a problem with lifting and its so much quicker and less faffy than filing them down!

Karaxxx

I use Chix they are really good & I have clients go 6 weeks plus with out a top coat of any kind.
Good luck.

Nope I just use my pedicure ones, the larger size for toes. It works brilliantly as it kind of squashes the minx onto the toe and makes a better seal, I've never had a problem with lifting and its so much quicker and less faffy than filing them down!

Karaxxx

great thankyou I will try it where did you buy yours?

I use Chix they are really good & I have clients go 6 weeks plus with out a top coat of any kind.
Good luck.

oh fab! mine arrived today just waiting on lamp

which are your most popular ones?

great thankyou I will try it where did you buy yours?

They are just bog standard ones, I think I got them from Boots or Sainsburys but they're the large size.

Karaxxx

I use Minx, Chix & Lynx and I too will use a clippers to cut the nail & wrap together if the nails are long enough as the edges of the wrap & nails are then sealed really well together.

If the nails are too short to be clipped (client wants the length left the same etc..) I will use a scissors to take the excess wrap away then file the wrap to the nail.

When using the lamp just point it at the toes so they are warm (not too close as lamp gets really hot) then hold the wrap in front of the lamp until it goes floppy and apply to the nail (I use a tweezers to hold the wrap so it stays sticky & I don't burn myself holding the wrap in front of the lamp) gently pressing and smoothing with your rubber hoof stick (2 x Rubber Tipped Plastic Nail Hoof Sticks Cuticle Pusher Art Manciure Pedicure | eBay) clip or trim etc.. as you normal would.

If you have a really curved nail you can gentley stretch the edge of the wrap while still warm (or apply more heat to warm it up - being careful not to burn the client or yourself with the heat :wink2: ) and keep it held stretched until it cools - to stop it shrinking back) this will eliminate (or massivly reduce) any wrinckles you get on the free edge of very curved nails.

All my wraps last weeks on end on toes and are fabulous with crystal big toes too (have a look through my photos on here to see my most popular wraps and crystal toe & wrap combos (not a massive amount in my album but the more popular ones are there & they should say if Chix, Lynx or Minx too).

Latest posts

Back