Nails Across The Pond....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glorsclaws

Photographic Geek
Reaction score
Having a gander :smack: over on Beauty tech last night and there the peeps were discussing an article in their latest Nails mag.
Apparently a new trend has begun in the U.S .... 'duck nails' ... thats right, Duck Nails :eek:
A kind lady called Lynette scanned the pic to me, its in Bitmap format so maybe thats why I cant upload it.
It would be great to show the pic.
Newbies would never lack confidence again!
you should see these babies ... thick and flared ... now Jaydee ... they are what ya call false nails, rofl!

:Scared: Hi,I`ve just been looking at your post on beauty tech.I think i`ve seen these nails before ,flare right out like a ducks bill,horrible!They can`t be very practical either.

Let me clarify something before too many wrong assumptions are made......
I too received this magazine with this so-called "new trend" called DUCK NAILS.
I HAVE NEVER SEEN HIS BEFORE, AND NEITHER HAVE MANY OTHER TECHS HERE.
The article was news to many of us.
It stated that this was a trend among teenagers in some parts of California.
And believe me every tech I know that saw this article was just as freaked out by it.
It's the ugliest thing I've ever seen!

Hi

Where are they .. can't find them - should I be looking at the nailtech msg board??

Vicky

Here it is for your viewing pleasure!

ducknails.jpg

hmmm, not my taste, but you never know what we'll all be lovin' in a couple of months or years time?!?!

Are they sculpted?

Quack quack yeuck!! Reminds me of the big flares in the 70s. Can see why they are popular with teenagers, anything that makes your parents go "yeuck, they're horrible" is a victory!!

:lick: hmmm luvverrllyy -- NOT....Uuck DUck not for me

er they remind me of my very first set of nails lol

I think that the white tipped ones just about pass ok, there not to offensive. Although I think the other set the goldie coloured ones are just not nice.

WELL i THINK THEY ARE GROSS - I shall not be shy about coming forward with my thoughts on these!! Absolutely YUCK!!!:Scared: :smack: :smack: :smack: :Scared:

You can eat dip off of those babies...!:lick:

vicky said:
You can eat dip off of those babies...!:lick:

LOL

Those nails are def not for me I like elegent and they for sure are not lol

Dawnie xxxxxxxxx

they r disgusting, wouldn't have those things on my fingers if you paid me
Love Paula x

Never mind Duck nails, the remind me of egyptian hattish shovels.............
God knows how long it took me to loose that egyptian hattish look........... and now its all the rage, blooming typical lol

I suppose they would come in handy at a finger buffet..............

Not my liking...........yep like the flares of the 70's, give me drain pipe nails then any day xxxx

One word:

yuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bleeee!!!!! Scary to say, I once ended up with nails that looked like this years ago, I was so shocked I legged it back home quick smart to file them into to some sort of shape. I know i should have said something to the Nail tech but I felt I could do a better job of rectifying them than her, considering the dog's dinner she made of them. To make matters worse it was Xmas Eve.........nightmare!!! Honestly, I could have eaten ice cream with them, they had a distinct spatula look to them!!!!!!
Certainly not a look I will be trying to emulate......

They are disgusting...........Hey where's the 'being sick' smiley gone??? :eek: (OK...did it go in the last century but I just didn't notice :smack: !!!)

Glo! (Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!)

A big Yuckarooney from me! Abso - bloomin - lutely awful!
:eek:

Latest posts

Back