Nails and pregnancy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caroline90

Reaction score
Hiya Geeks!

Need some advice, I've only found out I'm having a baby, it's still early days ( 5 weeks )
I'm worried about doing nails while I'm pregnant, did any of you guys keep doing nails while you were pregnant? If so what measures did you take to protect yourself? I have masks etc but find they don't work against dust, is there any particular masks that u could get that are really good? Also I'm worried about the use of acetone and monomer as I use acrylic. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Caroline x

Last edited:
Congratulations! :)

I'm 2 weeks away from my due date and I'm still doing 1 to 2 clients a day. Although I am doing my last client on Friday.

I just make sure I feel comfortable whilst carrying out the treatment and take breaks when i feel i need to. Wether it be to walk around for a bit/to stretch my legs etc.

I don't do many sets of acrylics (probably 1 set a week) and I dont wear a mask. Maybe I should have. But I do have a Valentino extractor. x

Thank you, I think Il try to keep doing them and just double up on masks as I don't have an extractor.

Il see how I feel after awhile, I'm just a little paranoid about things since I'm only in my first trimester.

Best of luck for your due date x

I trained in gel and acrylic while I was pregnant. Didn't wear any masks or had no fans. My baby is 3 perfect as can be but if I was to do it again I'd at least wear a mask and open a window. The fumes aren't good for us.

Providing you follow normal safe working practices, good ventilation etc, which you should be doing anyway, then there is no risk at all for you.
Pregnant women have been working with and/or wearing modern nail products by the millions and NO negative side effects have been found.

Latest posts

Back