Nails | Apprentice Finalist Spills The Beans In Conversation With Sweet Squared

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
If you're a fan of The Apprentice (and let's face is, who isn't?) then you'll be excited to hear that finalist, Francesca MacDuff-Varley dropped in to Sweet Squared. Of course, they didn't let her get away without dishing the dirt on Lord Sugar, what really went on, and all things beauty.

On Lord Sugar: In a nutshell...he is short and grumpy!

On The Apprentice: I went in to the apprentice purely for a business investment. I am passionate about my industry and didn't go into the show to play games. I found that really hard – I work with women and I found it shocking that there was so much bitchiness – for me, I like to be nice, calm and to be honest, a realist. It’s lucky I am that bit older now – if I was in there when I was 23 there would have been some sparks, I was a firecracker at that age! The show isn't for me a true reflection of business. It’ s a game show. It reflects the process, but not real business. Saying that, it was a brilliant experience and I have had some brilliant opportunities arise from the show. Would I do it again though? Not in a million years!

On her beauty must–haves: Sally Hanson airbrush legs - Amazing. Also spray on Vaseline – it’s perfect if you are lazy with moisturizing!

On the Nail Industry: It killed me not being able to have nails done on the show – I am famous with my friends for having crazy nails! For me, it’s an important part of my identity – I can change who I am without doing something drastic like having a tattoo. And it’s great that I can change that identity according to my mood!

On Irresistible Nail Art: I love it - best glitters on the market by far!

On CND Shellac: Love it. I like the best. CND Shellac is the best. Job Done!

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• IMG_1786.jpg
    IMG_1786.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:
Is she a Beauty Therapist or Nail Tech?

If so I cant believe she thinks Vaseline moisturises :banghead:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Is she a Beauty Therapist or Nail Tech?

If so I cant believe she thinks Vaseline moisturises :banghead:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Neither, she's a doctor!

Neither, she's a doctor!

Leah, the winner, was a doctor. I don't think Francesca was, from her business proposition which was a dance school I'm guessing she does something to do with that! X

Leah, the winner, was a doctor. I don't think Francesca was, from her business proposition which was a dance school I'm guessing she does something to do with that! X

Oops, The Ed didn't state which series/year, and being a new thread, I just automatically assumed it was this year :o

Weren't the finalists Leah and Luisa anyway? Perhaps that's what threw me! LOL

Last edited:
On CND Shellac: Love it. I like the best. CHD Shellac is the best. Job Done!

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Did she get a slap for calling it CHD? :eek: :D

Latest posts

Back