Nails, Hair and Beauty combined geeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emsie

Reaction score
Hi, Im wondering if someone does all of the above combined can give me a bit of advice. Ive done nails and beauty and am currently doing hair at college. Im wondering if this is too much? How do you manage your time? Are you turning clients away due to not having enough time? I know Im assuming that my clients will be queuing up out of the door (lol) but Im really considering giving up hair but before I do, would like to see what other people think and do. Thanks

I'm doing hair and nails I'm training in nails but finding the nails r taking over with my friends n family I'm still learning but I've got so many friends and family wanting their nails done then clients for hair. To be honest I can make more money doing nails then doing someone's hair mobile colouring cutting n finishing in 3 hours I can do more nails and get more money. So I've cut the hair back to just friends and family and while I'm training I'm just doing friends and family round my full time
Office job and I've had at least 1-2 people most nites since over a month and a half ago! I've had to turn down nails cos I'm tired from full time work. X

i did hair first then moved to nails and beauty .. i sorta lost touch with doing hair and 10 yrs on am getting back into hair now .. i think ytou will find you enjoy certain things more than others like for instance i dont push facials coz i cannot stand em , :lol:

Hi Guys,
I did Hair and Beauty and Nails years ago NVQ level3 in Hairdressing, Barbering, Afro Caribbean, and board work (wig making) which at the time I thought was very boring but was actually very good at and it's very creative. I always worked for other people so never really took any of it seriously. But now I am looking into setting my self up in nails and run my own business and hairdressing is playing a part people are asking for it. I want to concentrate on one thing at the moment which is nails.
If you can stick at the hair until you complete the course and get your qualification do it. You never know you might use it I hope you do. Life changes. I worked in a local barbers when my little boy was small and this paid for my driving lessons. Over the years I have used my skills in different ways and at different times. Think of the money.:wink2: I wish you all the bestxx

Hi, Im wondering if someone does all of the above combined can give me a bit of advice. Ive done nails and beauty and am currently doing hair at college. Im wondering if this is too much? How do you manage your time? Are you turning clients away due to not having enough time? I know Im assuming that my clients will be queuing up out of the door (lol) but Im really considering giving up hair but before I do, would like to see what other people think and do. Thanks

I want to do a barber course once I have completed all my beauty. I have always been keen on nails for years but never been able to afford to do a course  I'm hoping by March of next year I will be going mobile with nails, massage & tanning. Hopefully I will have enough money coming in to do lash's, waxing, facials an make up. Once I've completed all of this I would really like to do a barber course as I've now got the bug for learning and doing courses. shame I never when I was younger  I'm thinking that at least I will be able to do this around looking after my son and will have a variety of skills I can offer.

What you could do is have 2 days a week you do hair only and so on? That way if you are in great demand you will be fully booked for weeks. That's what I plan on doing . Good luck hun xx

Hi Leely,
I did barbering in college, I always cut my 3 brothers hair, my dads and my step dads hair so when a gent would walk in to the college salon the other girls would shrink away and say they were too scared. I found it was a quicker way of getting my barbering units ticked off.
I then approached a local barber and he trained me up. With in a few months he would leave me the shop while he went on hols or surfing lol. It was brilliant it loved it, men are even more picky about there hair than most women are especially the ones who are a little follicle y challenged lol:lol:
If you can do the barbering course you will enjoy it.xx

Hi Leely,
I did barbering in college, I always cut my 3 brothers hair, my dads and my step dads hair so when a gent would walk in to the college salon the other girls would shrink away and say they were too scared. I found it was a quicker way of getting my barbering units ticked off.
I then approached a local barber and he trained me up. With in a few months he would leave me the shop while he went on hols or surfing lol. It was brilliant it loved it, men are even more picky about there hair than most women are especially the ones who are a little follicle y challenged lol:lol:
If you can do the barbering course you will enjoy it.xx

Hi Jo,

That is one of the main reason's I want to do a barber course, so I can cut my dad, brother, son & fiancé hair. I'll have no problem cutting men's hair, as my family is mainly men and I've always worked with more men then women. So find I get on with them better. I have found a salon that does a nvq 2 barber course which is full time for 2 months. Which I really want to do, but it's a lot of time away from my son, he is only 7 months. So I think once I have £ coming in from nails, tanning & massage I'll book it up. But it's a lot of money  really looking forward to being able to do it, even if it takes me a few years I will do it  xx

Hi,

I've been hairdressing now for 10 years and went back to college and did nails, waxing and spray tanning. I also work full time in an office which means I fit my appointments in around this. I'm trying to build up my enough clients so I can eventually go full time. I do get very busy, but I love it!! I think it's pretty much even with regards to how many hair and nail appointments I do. My clients love the fact that they can just go to 1 person and get everything done rather than have 2-3 different people. x

Latest posts

Back