Nails in really bad condition

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zznailszz

Reaction score
Hi,
A lady came to me with these paper thin cracked nails. I advised an IBX treatment which I did but she has texted and said some of the cracked bits at the top of her nail are catching on things as the IBX has come off the top. Could anyone
image.jpg
advise? Thankyou

Hi,
A lady came to me with these paper thin cracked nails. I advised an IBX treatment which I did but she has texted and said some of the cracked bits at the top of her nail are catching on things as the IBX has come off the top. Could anyone View attachment 191844 advise? Thankyou
I don't use IBX, but it's my understanding that IBX penetrates the nail, therefore there is nothing to "come off" because the nail has already absorbed it.

Attitude is right. The ibx penetrates the nail so once it's in its in! The nails do look in particularly bad condition so she may not see much in the way of improvement until at least 2 or 3 more treatments. It does help to repair delamination but it's not super glue

Agreed, IBX is designed to penetrate the natural nail with heat. Any excess should be gently blotted off before curing with your lamp.

I asked a few more questions and she is still not wearing gloves washing up etc or using hand cream, cuticle oil I gave her!! I did tell her she will need at least 3 IBX treatments but she is not helping herself!

I asked a few more questions and she is still not wearing gloves washing up etc or using hand cream, cuticle oil I gave her!! I did tell her she will need at least 3 IBX treatments but she is not helping herself!
Many never do. You are doing exactly the right thing with your prescription of IBX and if she can leave them alone, after a few more treatments you should definitely see a difference.

Once again girls are correct. The IBX product works from WITHIN the nail. It doesn't sit on the top. HTH's

Yes, I explained that to her, was just quoting her reply to me, sorry didn't make that clear. The delamination on her nails was so bad that on one nail, the cracked nail was sticking up. She has since asked for them to be covered in gel polish now but I am not happy at doing this as it is not what I would advise. I said until your nails have improved in strength with IBX, I wouldn't advise any other treatment for now but she said she wants gel polish still!!!! Any ideas?

CND RescueRxx is an amazing product.

Yes, I explained that to her, was just quoting her reply to me, sorry didn't make that clear. The delamination on her nails was so bad that on one nail, the cracked nail was sticking up. She has since asked for them to be covered in gel polish now but I am not happy at doing this as it is not what I would advise. I said until your nails have improved in strength with IBX, I wouldn't advise any other treatment for now but she said she wants gel polish still!!!! Any ideas?

If you don't do what she wants she is more likely to go elsewhere and they may not be as professional. So with that said... Keep with IBX and do a very thin layer of your chosen system over the top. I would have her sign something that says in a nutshell you have advised her to keep her nails free of product whilst IBX is treating them and that she chose to ignore your advice and have a coating anyway. Therefore you are not responsible for anything that may happen to her nails after this appointment. It covers you and shows her that you stand by your professional advice.

Hi zznailszz, When I did my training at Olympia with Linda Nordstrom herself for IBX, she specifically told us that it is designed as a treatment under any gel polish but can also be used on the natural nail. I am using it under gel polish for those that require it and still seeing an improvement in the condition so I'm sure it will be fine.x

Thank you all for your good advicexx

Latest posts

Back