Nails Inc interview

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ali_d2003

Reaction score
I've been called in for an interview tomorrow, what do I wear? What do they ask? What do they have me do? Ect. Any advice appreciated )

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using SalonGeek mobile app

If you're not sure why don't you give them a call and ask if your interview will involve a trade test and if so do you need to bring any tools or equipment with you. If yes, then wear your work tunic, if no then go smart and presentable.

Good luck!! :hug:

Hey,
I had an interview with nails inc. last year so hopefully can help. I went in, was introduced to one of the girls who would be interviewing me (also you might need to bring a model so bring someone who has lovely nails to work on), she sat me and my model down at the nail bar beside the other girls who were working on clients and told me to perform a manicure on one hand using red Polish, and the other hand a french manicure. You don't need to bring anything except the usual cv, portfolio etc.

To be honest I found it difficult as their polishes were going very gloopy abd because I was out on the floor i had customers coming up to me asking questions which made me very nervous.

The girl left while I was doing this and came back and sat down and inspected the nails and then sat me down for a chat/interview style questions. She explained how they perform a manicure and just a tip for their french polish she painted the White line with the brush vertic to the nail tip and then cleaned the smile line up straight after. I did the french polish a different way. Good luck!

I had a call a couple of weeks ago to go for a interview with nails inc (it was for a managers job, not sure what yours is for) but I was advised to read up on the company, year it stated etc etc, they told me that is the sort of things that they're looking for, that you've done some research into their company.

Good luck and hope that helps a little x

Thankyou so much everyone, I have be n told I'll be put on the floor bringing clients in doing small treatments and selling products, do you mean she does the French the way you would on gel polish and gel nails, thanks I'm doing my nails at the moment but planning to get on the laptop and take down notes about nails Inc and their products and go over them again tomorrow

Thankyou so much everyone, I have be n told I'll be put on the floor bringing clients in doing small treatments and selling products, do you mean she does the French the way you would on gel polish and gel nails, thanks I'm doing my nails at the moment but planning to get on the laptop and take down notes about nails Inc and their products and go over them again tomorrow

Sounds a bit different to my interview so maybe they changed their process. Yes she did the french polish the way you would do a gel polish french!

I used to work for nails inc, my interview process was ridiculous (3 separate interviews!), not once did the 2 managers (manager & assistant manager) have me traffic stop any customers, ask if I knew anything about the products - they were more interested in who was having their nails done and how i did them lol. I went onto become a manager. But generally they should have you do the following;
Chat about the company, the founder and the products/ services (research it).
Trade test (French & red/dark colour paint - maybe acrylics on a hand).
Have you traffic stopping customers with one of nails inc products & get them to sit down at the nail bar (if you get a choice pick a hand lotion & offer a quick free hand massage) then whilst they are sat having it explain a little about the product your using & while your at it recommend a nail treatment or a new colour for their nails (link selling) - they will be looking to see how you interact with the customer, so smile & be super friendly (even if it feels alien to you - do it). Nails inc are foremost a retail brand, and secondly treatments.
Just wear something your comfortable in but smart & presentable, your certificates and cv copy if they haven't got it. Good luck x

Take your acrylic/gel brushes with you incase x

Thanks everybody.
So i went in she talked about the products she was impressed in how much id researched them, i then asked a few questions about them. Sie then brought me traffic stopping and got me my First Client, i had to do a File and polish, i talked about the products while i was using them and telling them Why they were so good, but i didnt succeed in selling. She then left me to traffic drop by myself. I got in another did the same no sale. And got another One still same but trying to really sell this time, still no sale. They all seemed genuinely interested in at least One product and said they might come back so hope they Do. She said that i had done well and Not to worry about the sales as they often get people come back that day or another day. Sie said she's going to put me forward for the brown Thomas Interview so i could be hounding you again for more advice lol.:o

Latest posts

Back