Nails Inc Magnet on QVC

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ammej85

Reaction score
So im sat here with QVC on (not something i do often)! and Nails Inc are on with an AMAZING polish!

It basically has a magnet in the lid and you hold the magnet over the 2nd coat and it gives it a 'wavy' pattern.

It looks so good! Very clever and i was so impressed that if i had some dosh left i would have ordered!

Has anybody used these polishes? Do any other brands do similar? x

Yes, there are a few other brands doing the same thing with magnetic metallic. It is now in the consumer sector and rather a clever gimmick.

Personally I find it a really unattractive look, every time I see it looks like the wearer has horrifically ridged nails at first glance. But thats just my personal opinion. A few years ago Lancome did this with a star shaped magnet on the lid of the bottle I think, now that looked pretty!

It's hugely popular with us bloggers (except me!) and I think when it really hits the buying public (as its just starting to now) it'll really take off!

I think it depends which way you hold it. One of the nails looked ridged but most of them looked so pretty!

I like the fact you can put different colours underneath to shine through.

I think it's a lot nicer than the crackle polishes, now thats a trend i never got!

I was thinking it would be great it the magnet could create stars, love hearts, crosses etc etc

I think the magnetic polishes r fab too. Tbh I'm not a crackle fan. Also u can seal the magnetic polish under gel so it's long lasting. (you can CalGel anyway) you get a slightly different patteren/thickness for the way you hold the magnet and how thick the second coat is. X

I watched that QVC thing tonight and the only thing that crossed my mind was how bleedin' long it would take to dry! They advised a thicker second coat before it was magnatised so I'd be worried on behalf of the client that the polish would spoil pretty darn quickly on their way home.

This gimmick is not a professional treatment ... It is for the consumer IMHO. It is not a trend it is a gimmick and will be short lived and like all the rest will certainly not make you a fortune .. Crackle polish just another short lived gimmick. But Gimmicks can be fun for a time.

If you offer magnetic polish in the salon ... Better charge extra for it.

A trend is different ... A trend is not short-lived and can make your fortune and you must be aware of them and not be too late to the party.

These come around every few years, I remember Lancome doing one not long ago. Lots of brands have them at the moment, it's like the shatter polish, everyone soon does their own version.

I dont think I would ever offer it as a professional option.

I mean these things are designed for people in their own homes to use to get an effect that they would otherwise have to go to professional for.

But I would love a go on this before a night out etc

I bought them for my daughter's! I personally am not that keen on nails inc, as I have always found it chipped really quickly but the colour selections have been 'of the moment'. So at some stage over the next week or so my daughters will be playing with magnetic polish :eek:

Latest posts

Back