Nails not lasting on one client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarasparkles201

Reaction score
Hi all i have a lady in her 60's that came to me for shellac, this was lasting on her about 10days.

Her nails are short and brittle, she keeps breaking them at the free edge as soon as she gets a little growth.

I decided to put on an acrylic overlay and shellac on the top, this was working well, she is due back this week for re-shellac and she has just told me all her nails fell off last week.

I asked if she had been oiling and she said yes and using handcream twice a day, i am at a loss as what to do next if she comes back.

She does take medication for gout but nothing else.

She does alot of cleaning and never wears glove, which i have told her she must do so i am guessing could it be the cleaning products that are causing service breakdown? x

Hi,

You are not alone on this! I have same problem with my mum, they literally fall off! Even when my sis does her shellac they just peel off. When I done her acrylics this time I used a full well tip... so far so good. It has only been 24 hours though lol. I have said to her this time that I want to see them every 3 days so we can determine how they are acting on her nails and hoping I can learn something from this. I am keeping my fingers crossed and praying to the goddess of nails lol x

Latest posts

Back