Nails Off After Defrosting Freezer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shelley Clarke

Reaction score
Hi

One of my regular clients who looks after her nails really well and hasn't had any problems with her nails before has had all her L&P nails come off after defrosting her freezer. She wore gloves and said all her nails were in the gloves when she took them off. I have never had this before and was wondering if anyone else has come across this. I know her very well and she is straight up so know she wouldn't lie or make excuses.

Any help or advise would be really appreciated.

Shelly

the only thing i can think off and its a long shot is if she used one of those chemical sprays that you spray on the freezer to speed up defrosting.....other than that i have defrosted freezers using the hot water and towel method with no problems to my nails

Hi

I rang Creative in Milton Keynes and spoke to Anne Swain who said that in extreme cold - like defrosting the freezer the l&p becomes brittle and can crack and come off so my problem was solved. Excellent service from them.

Shelly

Well theres something else to add to the after care talk.:lol:

wow....will remember that

Just remember too that rubber gloves don't protect your nails from rough treatment, they just protect them from any chemicals you are using. I so often hear people say, I did my gardening / cleaning /car mechanics (!) and my nails broke - but I was wearing rubber gloves. So maybe a combination of the cold and the misbelief that rubber gloves are made from reinforced steel is the problem!

Sassy Hassy said:
So maybe a combination of the cold and the misbelief that rubber gloves are made from reinforced steel is the problem!

lol!!

Latest posts

Back