Name ideas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christine.t

Beauty School NI
Reaction score
Hi geeks! I have been working from home/mobile for the past 10 years under the name of skin deep beauty. I had a beautiful little boy in December and have still worked as much as possible afterwards, the problem now is that I cannot have clients in while my partner is home looking after him and it has become so inconvenient. However I am now in the middle of decorating my very own salon in town (exciting stuff).... But I want to come back with a boom as quite a lot of my clients have been patiently waiting on my return to work. The salon itself is looking fabulous! I will be offering all beauty treatments (mainly CND enhancements) and had thought of the name Si Bella Nails & Beauty! My partner doesn't really like it though, and before I go ahead and get my printing done I want to be sure it's the name to use. This is where I need your help! Do you (in all brutal honesty) like the name? Or can you give me any ideas on a really lovely business name? Is there a name you seen before that u thought was amazing? Or a particular one you personally love? I'm totally open to ALL suggestions here :) thanks in advance guys :) x

Anyone? I would so appreciate some input

I don't like it, sorry.

Last edited:
A couple of things to consider

1. If a client said to someone "I go to so Bella" would the client know how to spell that to google?

2. Do you hope to attract make clients as with an overly feminine name they could be alienated

3. Could clients mispronounce, causing confusion?

A couple of things to consider

1. If a client said to someone "I go to so Bella" would the client know how to spell that to google?

2. Do you hope to attract make clients as with an overly feminine name they could be alienated

3. Could clients mispronounce, causing confusion?

No that's true, they could interpret the 'Si' as 'c'
I'm not wishing to particularly attract nor alienate male clients, however the majority of my work will be girlie treatments. I won't be offering male grooming, however I do have male clients for the likes of eyebrow waxes.

I also like the name Creative Beauty (& nails) or boutique. I'm finding it so difficult to try and come up with a quirky individual name, that clients will get, but will not turn potential new clients away.

Can I just ask why you don't want to use your original name Hun? I like it n all your clients already know it?xx

Can I just ask why you don't want to use your original name Hun? I like it n all your clients already know it?xx

I just feel like I have been using it for so long now, I had picked it when I was just starting out at the age of 17, and I feel like I want to totally start afresh coming back from maternity. Back then I didn't carry out many nail treatments, it was all the usual beauty stuff. I just don't think the name is what I want anymore. But I am finding it so difficult to decide on a new name now! My hubby and I have set aside tonight to browse the web and see if we can find something that stands out. So far we have liked the main words: chic, elegance, unique, glamour.

There is a really popular salon near me called Elegant Beauty another called Essential Beauty. I think their both really nice names and they are easy to remember & google :)
You can play about with the words -
Essential Glamour
Beauty Chic
Essential Elegance .. x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Im afraid i dont like the original idea either!

i had a nightmare trying to figure out a name! (i had a thread on here and ended up choosing the name I liked the least! - Salon 8)

I chose it simply as it was simple and easy to remember - and if anyone is like me and find it difficult to read - anything unusual is hard to say and remember!

how about a total re-branding using your original name? i like it - its easy to remember!

It depends on what you want to be shown as, I think. I mean I love names which are different, I couldn't just have mine as Parissdees, I'm always trying to think up of new ideas. It is hard iv gone through sooo many !! Ones I've thought of but not decided yet are - beautiful sins, envy, diamond glow, fierce beauty, pampered princess, beloved beauty, glamour goddess ??

I could reel off names but if they don't feel right they don't feel right.

I like your original name Skin Deep Beauty x

I like skin deep beauty aswell x

I also like Skin Deep Beauty.
You may also want to consider registering for a trade mark as it is a distinctive name.
All the best!

Latest posts

Back