Natural nail coatings not lasting-what to try next?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsMe

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I have been doing my friends nails for a few months whilst completing my CND Complete course.

Unfortunately her nails are not lasting - I only have a problem with this one lady - all other nails I do are fine.

She has very weak pliable thin nails and I have tried the following (after performing a full PEP or PREP):

Shellac
Vinylux
Brisa smoothing gel under shellac or vinylux
Brisa Sculpting gel under shelllac or vinylux
Nail fresh as part of PEP

She also uses solar oil several times a day. She comes to me every 2 weeks and some (but not all) of her nails look totally battered after this time. She works full time in an office and does a lot of typing but says she uses the pad of her fingers to type.

She is on medication for either an under active or over active thyriod - sorry cant remember which one.

For the last 2 appointments I have used brisa sculpting gel under shellac and she loves the toughness this brings but she has just text me to say one nail coating totally pinged off the nail in one piece.

I am really at a loss to know what to suggest next. I really want to help her achieve beautiful strong nails but at the moment I dont feel I am getting anywhere (although she loves all the CND products I am using and is now a very loyal client)

Can you help suggest what I can try next? I am aware I could now offer L and P as suits weak soft nails but am looking for any other tips you may have.

Many thanks,

Mrsme x

Surely someone can advise?! Thanks! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have the exact same problem with a couple clients.. L&P isnt an option for me due to the smell.. Are you brushing on the sculpting gel like the smoothing? When using brisa lite sculting you have to "build" the product as you would for enhancement with proper apex placement
Some people are just not suited for gels but maybe try brisa gel ( not brisa lite ) maybe that could work? If you find a trick let me know :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

I have thyroid disease and it badly affects my nails.
Acrylic is realistically the only thing that is reliable on mine.
If I don't have acrylic I have to overlay with gel (I use Calgel) as they split vertically. I also sandwich some fibreglass between layers which does help. I don't have lifting problems but I can't keep extensions with gel, they break. But that's just me 😊

Thanks ladies, I did build an apex with brisa sculpting gel but still came off!!!!. Last stop is liquid and powder I guess!!!

Many thanks again x

Latest posts

Back