Natural tip

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staceow

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I was wondering what you experts would do.... I have a few clients which prefere the natural tip and overlay than the french. I find that when the clients come back for infills I can not really do them as the nail edge is shown underneath the Gel ( As there is no white covering this).

What should I do in this case? Is the only way to file most of the Gel off and build the nail up again and the client would have to have the White French tip? I am confused.

Any help would be appricated??:rolleyes:

im not sure i know what you mean?
you will see the nails as it still grows under the enhancement.you want to happen so that they will eventually be the clients own nails rather than tips.
do you mean you can see there nail where the smile line would usually be?
if so then this is perfectly normal and it doesnt matter if it can be seen.
sorry if this is not what you meant.:)

The easiest way to solve this is for the time it takes for the natural nail to be long enough to be overlaid, is to suggest a french manicure using varnish as opposed to l & p or gel, or just use varnish to cover in the interim. I have a client who is a hairdresser and never has white tips, but always uses varnish so the free edge of her natural nail was never visible, it only takes maybe 2 or 3 rebalances before the natural nail is then long enough. If not it means soaking off and re-applying or sculpting new nails each time which is probably not what the client would want, just explain the options and see how it goes. Hth

you would use a natural powder to create a natural free edge but hide there real nail growth, so its the same as doing French but with a natural colour powder instead of white.

yes sorry tracey louise I mean the smile line... not very good at explaining.

So this is totally normal? No need to worry?

I just felt that I was missing something, as Gel Overlay with French white tips you can hide this when the client is due a infill by adding extreme white along the smile line and tip and building the nail back up.

Well thanks for putting my mind at rest x x

no this is totally normal so no need to worry.just glad i could help.xx

Latest posts

Back