Nec

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAIL FRENZY

Reaction score
I have just been on the Beauty Uk website and it says that there is a nail competition at this years show at the NEC Birmingham. I know its a very small venue but I'm really looking forward to it now. Its ashame that there was'nt as many of the big nail companies there last year, surely there must be a huge amount of nail techs and salons around Birmingham and the surrounding areas that would love to see all the professionals demo's etc.

Its ashame that there was'nt as many of the big nail companies there last year, surely there must be a huge amount of nail techs and salons around Birmingham and the surrounding areas that would love to see all the professionals demo's etc.

I've asked about this before, and I was told that due to cost of being at a show, Birmingham wasn't viable for a lot of the bigger companies because they don't get enough people through the door.

However, I think a big problem is that due the lack of quality exhibitors, people are not going to the show at the NEC anymore. I was very dissapointed with it.

I think if they started to have some decent exhibitors there and have some of the bigger names in, more people will come.

The midlands has quite a few nail techs and beauty therapists that will support the show if it's worth while !!

Marlise

Hi,

I can tell you that there is definately a nail competition taking place the the NEC this year, as part of BeautyUK on Sunday 29th and Monday 30th April.

The competition is brand new - UK Nail Tech 2007 - and incorporates three levels of skill:

Top Tech - where judges are looking for the ultimate in perfection in competition nails. Categories include Wrap, Gel, L&P, Sculpt, Newcomer, Nail Art and Photographic (photographic theme is James Bond).

Salon Nail Challenge - Salon Nail Challenge and Salon Nail Art Challenge are designed to showcase the UK's best salon techs. You will be marked against the same criteria as the Top Tech categories, but your nails will be designed to meet salon requirements, not competition.

Student Nail Challenge - same as above but for students.

We're hoping the industry will get really excited about this new competition as it's different from anything that's been run in the UK before. It's being organised jointly between Guild News (who run the Scottish Nail Technician of the Year in Edinburgh) and Professional Beauty.

We understand how daunting entering your first competition can be, which is why the Salon Nail Challenge encourages those who are confident that their salon nails are fabulous to compete before stepping up to the Top Tech category if they choose. If you like you can enter up to 5 different categories!

If you'd like more information, contact [email protected] who can send you application forms.

As an aside, BeautyUK is a brand new exhibition and training congress at the NEC - it is not the show which ran previously - and is being organised by Guild News and Professional Beauty. It would be great to see as many nail techs as possible there, so if you'd like free tickets telephone 01332 227698.

Hi Melissa,

How will the new show compare to the old one ?

Will there be more nail related exhibitors ? Who will be exhibiting ?

Marlise

Thats really good news, I can't wait to see the comp nails. I hope this will lead to the shows getting bigger again at the NEC. I have always enjoyed them anyway, however many people were there, I was getting worried that they would stop having them. :)

This has been brought up on another post and Malissa even though posting an identical post to this one, hasn't replied to the questions on that thread either.

I am hoping she will get back to us on this.

AS POSTED IN THE OTHER THREAD ABOUT THE SAME SUBJECT.

you have to support these shows in order for them to become bigger and worthwhile for your suppliers, so far you guys are doing a good job at bringing it down ..... Rome wasn't built in a day, support your industry, it doen't cost that much to do it, get off the net, get off your asses and go.
If you don't go, don't complain theres nothing happening close to you. You guys haven't been in the industry long enough to be cynical (i've checked all your profiles).

AS POSTED IN THE OTHER THREAD ABOUT THE SAME SUBJECT.

you have to support these shows in order for them to become bigger and worthwhile for your suppliers, so far you guys are doing a good job at bringing it down ..... Rome wasn't built in a day, support your industry, it doen't cost that much to do it, get off the net, get off your asses and go.
If you don't go, don't complain theres nothing happening close to you. You guys haven't been in the industry long enough to be cynical (i've checked all your profiles).
YES AND I SHALL DO THE SAME.
Carl, I do appreciate what you're saying but personally all I want is more information than just, " beauty show on what ever date". That's all, which I hardly think is putting the show down.
If something like this is to be successful surely there should be more information to give,to interest people to go?
May be I haven't been in the nail industry long enough to express that opinion!? Can't say I appreciate being called cynical when all I'm trying to do is gather some info. I do find your answer a bit on the patronising side.:irked:
But thanks for your input anyway.

So I ask again,
If any one could give me help on this it would be much appreciated.
Cheers:)

Totally agree with Jules here if the info isn't made available to techs in the industry then how the heck can they support it.

YES AND I SHALL DO THE SAME.
Carl, I do appreciate what you're saying but personally all I want is more information than just, " beauty show on what ever date". That's all, which I hardly think is putting the show down.
If something like this is to be successful surely there should be more information to give,to interest people to go?
May be I haven't been in the nail industry long enough to express that opinion!? Can't say I appreciate being called cynical when all I'm trying to do is gather some info. I do find your answer a bit on the patronising side.:irked:
But thanks for your input anyway.

So I ask again,
If any one could give me help on this it would be much appreciated.
Cheers:)
Don't take things so personally, I replied to this thread after the show itself had been called crap (I read all posts in a thread before I reply) and yes "cynical" is an accurate word.
Just to add, I wasn't being patronizing, what I am saying if you don't attend these functions, they won't happen at all .... fullstop. (but you knew what I was saying).

If you really want to find out about shows, call your distributor, i'm sure they would know relevant information on shows...... also since my (and your post) information has been posted on the show

I'm in AUS and I found this link
BeautyServe.com :: The world of professional beauty, nails, tanning & complementary therapies at your fingertips.

Don't take things so personally, I replied to this thread after the show itself had been called crap (I read all posts in a thread before I reply) and yes "cynical" is an accurate word.
Just to add, I wasn't being patronizing, what I am saying if you don't attend these functions, they won't happen at all .... fullstop. (but you knew what I was saying).

If you really want to find out about shows, call your distributor, i'm sure they would know relevant information on shows...... also since my (and your post) information has been posted on the show

I'm in AUS and I found this link
BeautyServe.com :: The world of professional beauty, nails, tanning & complementary therapies at your fingertips.
Ok Carl I've calmed down now..........:lol:
Oh this is silly, we are just ending up with two identical threads........so I'll just say this......Have a look on the other thread, Carl, my proper reply to you is on there!:)

Latest posts

Back