Necessary nail kit equipment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Disneyprincess1999

Reaction score
Hiya I’m training to be a nail technician and I was wondering which things would you say are good to have in your kit, or are a necessary to have. I want to start building my kit up now so think it would be better to start collecting now. Thanks in advance

Have the company/college you're training with not given you a kit list?

Have the company/college you're training with not given you a kit list?
Yeah I have al the kit but I want to know what everyone thinks it is helpful to have that arnt given in a kit

I would save your money until you have decided which brand to use on qualifying- otherwise you end up with bits and bobs that can't be used with each other.
Perhaps research the different brands and then go on their specific training

I would save your money until you have decided which brand to use on qualifying- otherwise you end up with bits and bobs that can't be used with each other.
Perhaps research the different brands and then go on their specific training

Agreed. Don’t go spending loads of money unnecessarily until you have a better understanding of nail systems and the popular brands which will be available to you once qualified.

I was in the same situation and you just need all the basics
Tools
Barbercide
Files and buffers
Acetone
Have a look at acrylic and gel kits I didn’t get what my kit said we used nsi but I ended up getting cjp and don’t regret it at all.
Hard gel I got was akzentz pro formance
Get tips and up cutters
A few glitters polishes and gels
Don’t get too excited and buy too much take your time and do a lot of researdch

I was in the same situation and you just need all the basics
Tools
Barbercide
Files and buffers
Acetone
Have a look at acrylic and gel kits I didn’t get what my kit said we used nsi but I ended up getting cjp and don’t regret it at all.
Hard gel I got was akzentz pro formance
Get tips and up cutters
A few glitters polishes and gels
Don’t get too excited and buy too much take your time and do a lot of researdch
Thank you !! [emoji16][emoji16]

I have found I some files better then others, so make sure you’ve got a good selection of the basics like that, files, buffer blocks, basic manicure tools as well (I like a certain cuticle pusher and pair of nippers as they feel right)
As for colours, acrylics, gels ect. Don’t buy anything till you’ve got your kit and a have chosen your system, as you don’t want stuff that’s going to sit unused
And if your kit doesn’t include one, have a look for a practice hand/fingers to practice your acylic/gel sculpt skills, as yourll want plenty of time to have a practice with l&p ratio and Just general application& finish filing.

Latest posts

Back