Need a good soak off gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wonderland

Reaction score
Hi geeks. Please help me with this. I'm looking for a good soak off gel that lasts. Was thinking of Calgel. I read here it yellows, but also they say it lasts well. Reason is I want to move on from buff off gel. Also read bio sculpture is good. Are there any other ones? I also want to be able to build up with it for strength.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Hi geeks. Please help me with this. I'm looking for a good soak off gel that lasts. Was thinking of Calgel. I read here it yellows, but also they say it lasts well. Reason is I want to move on from buff off gel. Also read bio sculpture is good. Are there any other ones? I also want to be able to build up with it for strength.
Thanks!

Brisa Lite Sculpting gel is a hard gel but soak off and no nail buffing during prep.

Lots about it on here ... Very reasonably priced .. You do need the CND UVLamp for complete curing.

It is from CND and the stockists are Sweet Squared 08452106060

Brisa Lite Sculpting gel is a hard gel but soak off and no nail buffing during prep.

Lots about it on here ... Very reasonably priced .. You do need the CND UVLamp for complete curing.

It is from CND and the stockists are Sweet Squared 08452106060

Thanks Geeg! As always helped me out. Will have a look at it. Already work with smoothing under shellac and love it. Don't know why I didn't think of using the sculpting.... 🙈

Calgel doesn't yellow!?! I've never had any client experience that but u must remember as its breathable/porous, it can taint so must be protected with a topcoat. But never had yellowing. I don't use brisa lite but seems like CND equivalent to soak off gels. :)

Calgel doesn't yellow!?! I've never had any client experience that but u must remember as its breathable/porous, it can taint so must be protected with a topcoat. But never had yellowing. I don't use brisa lite but seems like CND equivalent to soak off gels. :)

I searched here n some techs say it yellows. So if top coated n finished well I guess it shouldn't. How long does calgel nails last? Is it suitable for everyone, like clients who are heavy on their nails? Thanks!

I searched here n some techs say it yellows. So if top coated n finished well I guess it shouldn't. How long does calgel nails last? Is it suitable for everyone, like clients who are heavy on their nails? Thanks!

My clients go between 3-5 weeks. It's a weak gel so I find its best on clients with short or strong longer nails, and I don't put tips on with it, then I would use brisa and put Calgel on top. Hope that helps! :)

My clients go between 3-5 weeks. It's a weak gel so I find its best on clients with short or strong longer nails, and I don't put tips on with it, then I would use brisa and put Calgel on top. Hope that helps! :)

I already use 00 calgel under buff off gel for flexibility, n it's wonderful. So you think I could use 00 and brisa lite sculpting (which is soak off) for more strength?

I already use 00 calgel under buff off gel for flexibility, n it's wonderful. So you think I could use 00 and brisa lite sculpting (which is soak off) for more strength?

You wouldn't need to layer anything with the BL Sculpting gel .. It is very strong on its own. If you have the CND UV Lamp, plus the Smoothing gel base and top (which is the same for both Smoothing and Sculpting gel) ... crumbs, all you have to do is to get a small pot to try it!! Seems a no brainer to me as well as allot better price and no yellowing.

You wouldn't need to layer anything with the BL Sculpting gel .. It is very strong on its own. If you have the CND UV Lamp, plus the Smoothing gel base and top (which is the same for both Smoothing and Sculpting gel) ... crumbs, all you have to do is to get a small pot to try it!! Seems a no brainer to me as well as allot better price and no yellowing.

Sounds like u can use lite for a stronger soak off gel then!?! So no need to layer.
Geeg- what's smoothing gel?? I thought CND just had lite and brisa sculpting gel?

Thank you again. Already ordered the BL sculpting. Fingers crossed. Can't wait for the day when I only do shellac n soak off gels 👊

Latest posts

Back