Need a new system - Gelish fans, convince me!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HartyNails

Reaction score
Hey geeks :) long time thread stalker, first time poster here ;)

I have a little but busy nail business, partly mobile and partly in-home salon. I'll be moving to full time next year and I really just do a gel polish service on fingers and toes, with my main draw card being my nail art (I don't do the full mani/pedi at the moment).

So with that all in mind, I have been using the brand Epicnail which has been great as a gel polish. I get between 10-25 days wear depending on the client and I've found it very user friendly for nail art as most colours are really viscous. UNFORTUNATELY they've stopped shipping to NZ so I'll be forced to change systems when my top and base coat run out. I'm leaning heavily toward Gelish as I haven't completed any formal exams and they offer a great looking course/exam/setup package. I won't be able to use my Epicnail lamp with other gels as it's the wrong wattage so whatever I change to I'll need the full setup.

I guess my question is... am I doing the right thing?! Will I get frustrated with any aspects of Gelish? Is it easy to get good lines and fine details in nail art? And also what should I look forward to??? Thanks in advance :)

I would recommend going with CND Shellac. I have always used then and will never ever ever change.
Though I've heard people like Gelish the removal is slower and I personally prefer the quality and colours of the CND Shellac much better :)
Xxx

Latest posts

Back