Need advice on my friend’s hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leezerss

Reaction score
Currently trying to lift my clients hair from a 5 we’ve being doing for ages, to a honey blonde root drag. Firstly need advice on what you would all do next? I’ve attatched a picture of how it looks at the moment and how she wants it. What is everyone’s techniques? It’s not lifting well at the top but i need it to be as blonde near the top as it is at the ends. Also advice on toners - i don’t often do a warmer ‘honey’ blonde so i was thinking something like wella 8/38? Just advice on the whole service would be great as i don’t want to let her down. Thanks

Attachments

• B61F5DBC-4548-411F-ABF0-0807A543D2E6.jpeg
    B61F5DBC-4548-411F-ABF0-0807A543D2E6.jpeg
    511.5 KB · Views: 92
  • ACB8A59B-E24A-4D71-9B60-004982F8AF72.jpeg
    ACB8A59B-E24A-4D71-9B60-004982F8AF72.jpeg
    202.4 KB · Views: 90
What bleach are you using?

Using a quality bleach such as Blondme plus matching developer always helps. I’d never use the wholesalers own brand products as they aren’t generally as reliable.

What bleach are you using?

Using a quality bleach such as Blondme plus matching developer always helps. I’d never use the wholesalers own brand products as they aren’t generally as reliable.

I have been using a different developer to the bleach brand. I will try this, thank you!

Currently trying to lift my clients hair from a 5 we’ve being doing for ages, to a honey blonde root drag. Firstly need advice on what you would all do next? I’ve attatched a picture of how it looks at the moment and how she wants it. What is everyone’s techniques? It’s not lifting well at the top but i need it to be as blonde near the top as it is at the ends. Also advice on toners - i don’t often do a warmer ‘honey’ blonde so i was thinking something like wella 8/38? Just advice on the whole service would be great as i don’t want to let her down. Thanks
I'd go for a full head of fine highlights, using different strength developers for the different bands of colours. If you want to keep the darker root as it is, then backcomb the root before you put the highlights in. Use olaplex if possible, if not a bleach with bond enforcing technology will be good. Lift until you achieve the palest blonde. Then you need to tone with a violet pearl based toner appropriate for the base you've managed to lift to.

I'd go for a full head of fine highlights, using different strength developers for the different bands of colours. If you want to keep the darker root as it is, then backcomb the root before you put the highlights in. Use olaplex if possible, if not a bleach with bond enforcing technology will be good. Lift until you achieve the palest blonde. Then you need to tone with a violet pearl based toner appropriate for the base you've managed to lift to.

Hey thanks for your reply! Would you do back to back highlights yeah? I use wella colour , so i’d be using wellaplex. My client wants a ‘honey’ blonde. So warm but not gold. I’m unsure what to tone with, i can pick ash toners no problem it’s these kind of blondes i struggle with. Do you have any suggestions???

Hey thanks for your reply! Would you do back to back highlights yeah? I use wella colour , so i’d be using wellaplex. My client wants a ‘honey’ blonde. So warm but not gold. I’m unsure what to tone with, i can pick ash toners no problem it’s these kind of blondes i struggle with. Do you have any suggestions???
Sorry I didn't realise how warm the colour was until I increased the brighteness on my phone. I wouldn't do back to back, I'd do a heavy highlight, but definitely leave some of the base out. Then apply an 8/3 in between the foils. Leave to develop. Then rinse all and tone with CT 9/36 or maybe illumina 10/38 +10/36.

Sorry I didn't realise how warm the colour was until I increased the brighteness on my phone. I wouldn't do back to back, I'd do a heavy highlight, but definitely leave some of the base out. Then apply an 8/3 in between the foils. Leave to develop. Then rinse all and tone with CT 9/36 or maybe illumina 10/38 +10/36.

Great. I’m unsure id get it up to a 10 yet for toning, someone suggested to me 9/7 and a bit of 7/81 illumina would that work? Sorry if this sounds stupid but the 8/3 between, that colour touch? Is that just for the blonde ends between the foils, as it is already throwing up a lot of warm is putting a /3 on not going to make it even warmer? Thank you again for all this advice, i normally don’t stress this much but really want to get it right for this client

Great. I’m unsure id get it up to a 10 yet for toning, someone suggested to me 9/7 and a bit of 7/81 illumina would that work? Sorry if this sounds stupid but the 8/3 between, that colour touch? Is that just for the blonde ends between the foils, as it is already throwing up a lot of warm is putting a /3 on not going to make it even warmer? Thank you again for all this advice, i normally don’t stress this much but really want to get it right for this client
You're saying it's throwing warm , but you're asking how to achieve a warm colour, I'm a little bit confused. 8/3 +8/71 colour touch would be enough to tone down and subdue the glow on the mid lengths and ends in between the foils. Then your foils are obviously going to be lighter so pick whatever toner you want for the highlights, if you don't want cool, but don't want any more warmth then go for a neutral toner. The picture of the desired result is more like a warmer back drop with cooler highlights and a darker root.

You're saying it's throwing warm , but you're asking how to achieve a warm colour, I'm a little bit confused. 8/3 +8/71 colour touch would be enough to tone down and subdue the glow on the mid lengths and ends in between the foils. Then your foils are obviously going to be lighter so pick whatever toner you want for the highlights, if you don't want cool, but don't want any more warmth then go for a neutral toner. The picture of the desired result is more like a warmer back drop with cooler highlights and a darker root.
If it's too warm, but you still want a warm tone, apply a neutral toner over the top and it will give yiu a subdued warmth L.

If it's too warm, but you still want a warm tone, apply a neutral toner over the top and it will give yiu a subdued warmth L.

Okay thank you for your help!

Latest posts

Back