Need advice re facials

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b00

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been waxing, tanning & eyelashing for a good few years now - mobile at the mo - and want to learn about facials. Can anyone give me advice about what methods are best and where is good to learn them?

I'd like a specialized, intensive course, but not by some cowboy outfit. I was taught waxing and tanning by a friend who was a skilled and experienced professional. A couple of years later I opened a salon and went on two short waxing courses just to get some certificates. The standard of tuition was appalling - the advanced waxing looked like butchery! As I have no experience at all of facials, I want to make sure I learn from somebody who genuinely knows - and cares - what they're doing.

Any advice gratefully received.

Ive done all my facial and facial electrical training through college on my level 2 and 3 beauty courses...
but DERMALOGICA, came into college as there products we used and showed us facial and body treatment.

i reccomend doing a dermalogica course, or md formulations is another good brand...

going to a college and learning just a standard facial routne, then at least you will have certificates and basic idea on it then contact a company like dermalogica and they should offer you facial and body training when you purchase products x

Whereabouts in the UK are you? x

I have been attending college in the evening to gain level 2 nvq, the final one however that covers facials, waxing and cream tanning was cancelled due to lack of interest. I was able to a great waxing course, but now want to do the same for facials, i live in the midlands area and travelled to manchesterfor the waxing course. I applied for a part time position but they really needed facial training. She would of prefered level 3 for the electric know how but she liked me so much that just facial training was acceptible. Any ideas anyone.

I would highly reccomend cosmeceuticals for facial training!! They have 2 product ranges Vitage (a great anti oxidant range) and Priori which has 3 ranges within Coffee Berry which is almost 100% Natural based on natures most potent botanical "coffeeberry", AHA which kinda says it all in the name!! Alpha Hydroxy Acids which work by exfoliating the skin this range also hydrates from within using lactic acid (a fantastic product range helping you achieve healthy flawless skin) The final range is idebenone which is an anti-Aging range which works by Preserving your skin and protecting it from further damage with a EPF (Enviromental Protection Factor) of 95!!!!! Here are some links Priori Idebenone and Advanced AHA .:pRIORI Idebenone Superceuticals Welcome Page:.
Hope this helps!! x

thanks lisa for the detailed advice on this range, however i was actually after a course to teach facial and skincare rather than the range itself.

Hi you would need to be a facial therapist , qualified in skincare to perform and to teachyou would need thorough knowledge of the skin(not sure what way it works in the uk We do itec ,cibtac), or you wouldnt be insured, insurance companies need to see certs as you prob know this
Good luck

Latest posts

Back