Need advice - redundancy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allazwills

Reaction score
Hi all! I need help I have to tell one of my staff she is getting made redundant this afternoon - she is a lovely girl but I brought her from our other salon which unfortunately had to close and not many clients have followed her down so she is not even making her wages and I have used my savings to pay her for the last two months. She is a lovely girl tho and I feel horrible-I've never done this before. Any advice for telling her etc would be appreciated-I plan on giving her 1months notice and was considering offering her to work self employed on a Monday and Tuesday (as I don't have staff those 2 days due to childcare) but they are so hit and miss it's not really worth me paying her to come in if sometimes she'll only make £15 in a day she is being paid £50 for? Thanks in advance!!

Redundancy has legal implications and if you go down that route, then it must be done in accordance with current legislation. ACAS as a lot of information to help you through the process, and you can also call them on their helpline:

Redundancy | Acas advice and guidance | Acas

Latest posts

Back