Need advice with L'oreal Majirouge and Majicontrast

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5vokesc

Reaction score
Hiya guys,

Needing all your advice, im currently light brown with different tones running through my hair, its shoulder lenth.

Im looking to dye my hair and have been advised to use Majirouge but heres where it gets tricky. heres my options... I want bright but colour with some depth to it so do i..

bleach my hair if so with what peroxide strength?

if not can i just use majirouge straight on my hair, im worried this wont be bright enough, do i mix majicontrast in with it too? if so why do you use both?

or do i bleach then put both on my hair or bleach and just use majirouge? what strength as some say 6% as 9% turns it pinky but then others telling me 12%!

With all these options im not really sure, if i can get away with not bleaching and using both majirouge and majicontrast i will but if bleaching will give me the best result I will do that just need to make sure im using correct peroxide etc.

Thank you.

Go to a hair salon. You're risking damaging your hair and scalp otherwise

You dont need to bleach with majorouge/contrast. Why dont you do roots with a 6.66 majirouge then ends with majenta red majicontrast (as contrast can not be used on scalp) you will get a nice red then.

Lucia xx

You dont need to bleach with majorouge/contrast. Why dont you do roots with a 6.66 majirouge then ends with majenta red majicontrast (as contrast can not be used on scalp) you will get a nice red then.

Lucia xx

I don't think you should be giving colour advice here. Op clearly doesn't understand the products talked about so shouldn't be using them

I do understand the products, as i used to use them but its been 7 years since i touched any colour, and when ive got hairdressers all telling different strengths of peroxide to use i was just unsure thats all and this site has always been really helpful.

im asking for adivce not for you to commit to colouring my hair, so I dont see the problem.

if i put 6.66 on my ends, due them being dark, they will be a darker shade than the rest of my hair as the ends have colour on them and are very light compared to roots, hence why i suggesting bleaching or even bleach bath in order to give me an even tone.

I do understand the products, as i used to use them but its been 7 years since i touched any colour, and when ive got hairdressers all telling different strengths of peroxide to use i was just unsure thats all and this site has always been really helpful.

im asking for adivce not for you to commit to colouring my hair, so I dont see the problem.

if i put 6.66 on my ends, due them being dark, they will be a darker shade than the rest of my hair as the ends have colour on them and are very light compared to roots, hence why i suggesting bleaching or even bleach bath in order to give me an even tone.

Are your ends coloured?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yea, roots are dark brown rest of hair is dark blonde, with lighter panels in it, so im worried if i colour without stripping current colour or at least getting a more even tone to begin with im going to have different coloured roots to ends.xx

You cant use maji contrast on previously lightened hair so that rules that out but i5 doesn't mean its impossible to achieve your desired colour with the correct knowledge
Are you a pro?

Completed my training but then I went onto to do modelling instead so ive spent more time watching people colour my hair than do anything else. it just peeves me to pay the money when im capable of doing myself but just worried due to having alot of colour build up on my hair im best to strip before colouring.

If it becomes too much hassle I will go to hairdressers, just they all telling me different, for example one told me not to use 30 vol as it can make hair pinky but then other telling me to use no more than 20 vol where others telling me to use 40vol!!

I was just thinking do I just use 10vol and lightly strip my hair or just go for it and use majirouge 6.66 with 30 vol and put on roots first, then put it in ends.

Appreciate all your help, and can understand pros dont wanna give out advice to people that will abuse it but I can assure you I will take it all on board before jumping in the deep end!! xx

go to a pro or college to get it done . Btw red is notorious for fading , so If you want the colour to look good for longer and not end up with a load of problems , then dont have it bleached and stay away from the 12% even if that is what a hairdresser told you would make it bright , it will , but the fade will be bad and wishy washy is the worst.

Thank you, for your help. i may have to bite the bullet and go hairdressers i just dont trust anyone! i expect the fade and know the up keep will be alot im willing to do that just wanted to know best way lol xxxx

I don't think you should be giving colour advice here. Op clearly doesn't understand the products talked about so shouldn't be using them

Well she named products and i looked at her profile and it said hair, so why not! Oh well.

Good luck with your hair

So If the roots are dark brown
(natural I take it) and the ends are dark blonde
(lighter than roots)
why are you needing to remove the colour on the ends
its obv lighter than a lever 6
so just go straight in with ur colour
but use 30vol for roots and 20vol for ends x

So If the roots are dark brown
(natural I take it) and the ends are dark blonde
(lighter than roots)
why are you needing to remove the colour on the ends
its obv lighter than a lever 6
so just go straight in with ur colour
but use 30vol for roots and 20vol for ends x

Sorry light brown roots! X

Completed my training but then I went onto to do modelling instead so ive spent more time watching people colour my hair than do anything else. it just peeves me to pay the money when im capable of doing myself but just worried due to having alot of colour build up on my hair im best to strip before colouring.

If it becomes too much hassle I will go to hairdressers, just they all telling me different, for example one told me not to use 30 vol as it can make hair pinky but then other telling me to use no more than 20 vol where others telling me to use 40vol!!

I was just thinking do I just use 10vol and lightly strip my hair or just go for it and use majirouge 6.66 with 30 vol and put on roots first, then put it in ends.

Appreciate all your help, and can understand pros dont wanna give out advice to people that will abuse it but I can assure you I will take it all on board before jumping in the deep end!! xx

Its gonna be conplex im affraid. You probably need to go through several processes to get where you want to be including tone cleansing and bleach bathing x

Lucia xx

This technique works fantastically with colour build up, the extra ammonia in the majicontrast is often enough to lift out the old colour.
OP would need to formulate for the regrowth correctly otherwise she could end up with hot roots! I usually give the regrowth colour some more depth to avoid this.

This technique works fantastically with colour build up, the extra ammonia in the majicontrast is often enough to lift out the old colour.
OP would need to formulate for the regrowth correctly otherwise she could end up with hot roots! I usually give the regrowth colour some more depth to avoid this.

Sometimes i like to use 5.62 on roots then magenta on lengths and ends looooovely colours xx

Sometimes i like to use 5.62 on roots then magenta on lengths and ends looooovely colours xx

Yep magenta red would be nice with that tone. Sometimes I will add some red mix tone to the root colour if it can handle it to match the vibrancy on the ends.
Shame they don't have a magenta mix tone now I think of it..

6.66 +75mls 30vol on roots ,
1/2 6.66 +1/2 red mix on ends 35mls 20vol + 30mls warm water bring colour straight though
That's what I'd do , the lighter bits will turn out more vibrant but not pink , really you should pre colour the ends to a red first to get a more even result but I know it's more hassle if your doing it yourself , it should turn out fine though , get yourself a red colour bomb to keep the colour vibrant / more vibrant in between colouring

If you're only lifting your root colour one shade, use 6.66 majirouge with 20 vol on your roots, then the 6.66 and red mixer tone on the ends with 9vol richesse developer. If you want to add as much tone into end ends as possible, you do not need a high level peroxide in the ends. Adding the mixer tone to te end mixture will ensure its as red as it can go. I do this on one of my clients and it goes perfect every time.

Latest posts

Back