Need an odorless acrylic system

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trina Jordan

Littlemama503
Reaction score
Can anyone please help me or tell me is there in odorless acrylic system that I can purchase I work in the shop where there is a lot of ladies that complain about the acrylic system that I use. The system is CND and I love CND but the acrylic liquid bothers the ladies so I need to change my acrylic system. Any suggestions please I'm open to anything you ladies and gents can suggest thank you in advance!!!

Can anyone please help me or tell me is there in odorless acrylic system that I can purchase I work in the shop where there is a lot of ladies that complain about the acrylic system that I use. The system is CND and I love CND but the acrylic liquid bothers the ladies so I need to change my acrylic system. Any suggestions please I'm open to anything you ladies and gents can suggest thank you in advance!!!

Hard gel is an odourless alternative.

If you can't find anything, I suggest investing in a source capture system that is capable of adsorbing VOC's efficiently.

Hi, Ravair Ltd have just released their latest Acrylic Fume Extractor designed for single desk application. If you have more than one desk you can put one on each desk. It will capture the fumes from acrylic nail products including Monomer (Methyl/Ethyl Methacrylate C5H802/ C6H1002) and is lab tested to 99.999% efficiency. You have the unit on your desk, (it is very quiet and only 14cm square and 7cm high) and open bottles of product etc over the unit so it can capture the fumes before they escape into the room. It also has a built in UV light similar to those used in fish tanks to kill bacteria. Great for mobile use as only 2kilo in weight. The full Independent Report is available on request and further details are on the Ravair.co.uk website. It will work in the USA.

Nsi did an smell free Acrylic but it yellows so I say try hard gel

I have just ordered from enail couture as the monomer is cotton candy scented... not sure if it'l mask the strong acrylic odour though but I figured it was worth a shot x

Tell them it doesn't smell any worse than disgusting perm lotion, it's just different, and to quit their whining :p;)

Must use Protein Bond at tips for all applications:)

Nails by Annabel do an odourless Monomer but it takes a long time to dry. You can add acetone to it to speed it up a bit.

I’m going to invest in table top fume and dust ectractor though so I can continue using Young Nails.

You can check local suppliers to see if they have an “odour out” liquid that you add a few drops into the monomer and will mask the smell with something like vanilla or strawberries.
I’ve no idea what it’s actually supposed to be called as I heard of this from another nail tech and not used it myself so I can’t claim to know if they’re effective or not but she seemed to believe so.

I know Tammy Taylor has an Odor Free monomer, but i have not used it.
Some other brands that make Odor Free monomers are OPI clarite, NSI odorless, Nailite, INM.

Others may reccomend Gel as an odor free alternative but not all clients are willing or good candidates to switch to gel so I would not do that if it’s avoidable.

Last edited:
Odorless systems usually need a slightly different technique and mix ratio (it helps to use a smaller #7 brush), and produce a thick inhibition layer. So there is something of a learning curve. What you may find easier is to use an Acrylgel. The application is similar to pre-mixed acrylic liquid and powder, no odor or vapours, and you can work it as long as you need until you decide to cure. There are several brands on the market, so you should try to obtain samples to see which one you prefer. Once word of caution, with acrylgels it is really important to use the UV lamp recommended by the supplier. The very high viscosity means they are a challenge to cure correctly otherwise.

Latest posts

Back