Need answers to these questions for my nails business plan please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glitz and glam

Reaction score
Hey all

well im trying to take my skills from almost qualified (hopefully :eek:) to business level. My sets are definately getting better and so i have decided to put everything into the business side now.
But as i am writting my business plan and cash forecast (i have done these before and are always a pain unless you have a crystal ball lol) i get a little stuck!! so if you could prod me in the right direction i would be sooo happy.

At the begining how many sets could i expect to do? please dont say how long is a piece of string,because im at that point lol.
mine usually take about 2.5 hrs to 3 if there are any awkward bits.
Do you guys sell much in the way of add ons?
How long did it take you till you could say you did this as a living?

ok so i no i might be able to find some of this as i carry on searching but i have searched alot and feel like im hitting my head against a brick wall.
I want to do this as f/t as i can, whilst i have 3 little ones. getting a p/t job is not an option , for me it has to be all or nothing.

thanks for reading, and hopefully replying.:)

At the begining how many sets could i expect to do? mine usually take about 2.5 hrs to 3 if there are any awkward bits.

Calculate how many hours you will be open for and divide by the hours it will take to do a set i.e. open 8hrs a day, taking up to 3hrs to do a set & you could expect to do 2-3 sets per day. That is not to say you'll have that many customers at the start (could be 2-3 per week at the start). It takes a while for people to know you are there.

I'm guessing every one is different, but I sell 'add ons' such as art and cuticle oil, as well as nick knacks from my gift shop - but this is not regular and not every clients does this.

As soon as I opened I could SAY I was 'doing this' as a living. At first it was pocket money, but things pick up.
Market yourself, do pamphlet drops in letter boxes and that kind of stuff so people know you are out there.

Good Luck! I hope business goes very well for you :green:

Thought you might find this thread an interesting read as well:

http://www.salongeek.com/biz-geek/91717-how-long-did-take-become-successfull.html

Thanks for your reply.
My clients are picking up and at the mo i have probably 2-3 per week. although i only have 2 booke for this week and 1 for next week.
i have just made some flyers and pricelists and also ordered lots of fab things from vista print.
I know i have to work on getting repeat customers which is hard. i have also just put my prices up and a full set is now £20 Instead of 15 which was usually knocked down to £10 because i have been offering promos to try and intrest people. and although this has got me people to practise on to make my sets and timings better they seem to be the sort who dont take care of their nails and dont always rebook because they have thm done for one night because there 'cheap'. i have come to the conclusion after alot of thinking last night that i woud rather do less clients than feel let down and worthless over the way they abuse their nails then just expect me to do miracles for a few quid to fix them.

Sorry for my ranting lol off out to leaflet drop today . as theres no post i thought more people might look at them instead of thinking its junk mail.:)

just read your thread . great reading, i guess everyone has different expectations- just hope mine arent too high lol
Thanks its a big help :lol:

xxx

Hey all

well im trying to take my skills from almost qualified (hopefully :eek:) to business level. My sets are definately getting better and so i have decided to put everything into the business side now.
But as i am writting my business plan and cash forecast (i have done these before and are always a pain unless you have a crystal ball lol) i get a little stuck!! so if you could prod me in the right direction i would be sooo happy.

I agree, you really do need a crystal bl, but until you get going, its difficultto tell. I started off with really pessimistic forecast......

At the begining how many sets could i expect to do? please dont say how long is a piece of string,because im at that point lol.
mine usually take about 2.5 hrs to 3 if there are any awkward bits.

Mine take 2 hours at the most now.....unless the client has difficult nails, but then I'd explain that they might take a bit longer and why.

I sell at every opportunity, because someone once said to me...if they don't buy it from you, they'll buy it elsewhere. Mostly its cuticle oil, hand cream, base/top coats. I always give a homecare prescription when I do consultations so clients know how and what they need to look after their nails at home. Some buy, some don't....but at least you've given them the information.

Soon as I threw in towel on my full time job last year...my attitude was this has to work. FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION.

ok so i no i might be able to find some of this as i carry on searching but i have searched alot and feel like im hitting my head against a brick wall.
I want to do this as f/t as i can, whilst i have 3 little ones. getting a p/t job is not an option , for me it has to be all or nothing.

All or nothing is the best attitude. Just stay focussed. Hope it all goes well xx

thanks for reading, and hopefully replying.:)

Latest posts

Back