Need BIG help please- awful business partner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you are just going to have to accept that you have been done over by your ex friend and that will now have to pay for the contract you took out.

Let me put it in a way you might understand.

You sell a customer a large bottle of solaroil, this custom has bought the product for a friend on the understanding that the friend will pay her back when she gets paid. Your customer gives the bottle of solaroil to her friend and her friend opens the bottle up and uses it. Your customers friend then refuses to pay your customer back for the solaroil and instead gives the bottle back to your customer.

Your customer then brings the open and used bottle back to you and expects you to take it back and give her a refund on the unused amount of product as she can not afford it?

Would YOU take such a product back? The product has been opened and used, so therefor you would be unable to sell it on to another customer and would therefor make a loss if you did accept it back.

3 are no different, they are a business and their contract was with YOU and not your friend. They really could not care less if you took the contract out for someone else. In thier eyes, you signed a contract, accepted a new handset, which was opened and used, so therefor can not be sold on as "new".

As for the seprate issue of your ex friend owing you the money for the contract, I really don't think you will get anywhere with this. As you did not have any agreement in writting you do not have a leg to stand on and would get no where if you took it through the small claims court.

HTH

Sam xx

DONT hand over all paperwork and sim as then you have no prof of anything and the contract is still in your name. They will still chase you for the money.

You need to deal with two separate issues here.

1st pay the money back and put a stop to your worry and having people call you. I'd personally pay the £60 now so they don't charge you more each week or month. Set up payment plan.

2nd chase your so called friend and get her to pay you back the £60.

You need to then cut all ties and learn never to do anything like this again, I'm afraid to say you will have to pay the phone back yourself. And if you get any money from your old friend that's a bonus!

They won't care where the phone is or who is using it...no matter what they'll chase you. Sorry hun good luck xx

DEFINITELY DO NOT HAND OVER THE SIM CARD she could use it and run up even more debt for you......the contract is in your name!!!!

They will threaten and continue to threaten, I was in a terrible situation a few months ago, I had about £3000 in debts, 1 child, 1 on the way, my partner had left me, I was on maternity leave and My outgoings to keep a roof over mine and my daughters head, the house warm in the snow we had and fed was more than I was getting, I wasn't entitled to claim anything because my ex owned his own house....what has that got to do with anything?!?!?!? I had agencies calling, texting, writing every day.... 2 companies took me to court, the council for council tax which I couldn't afford and a vet for £120 (I felt that was a bit mean personally having paid them over £500 already for a misdiagnosis and finally got treatment elsewhere but that's another story!) The fact is the credit cards/banks/mobile phone companies etc really don't want to take you to court, especially over £60. I found the debt collection agencies threatened and then would pass my debt back to the company! Don't ignore it though because they love to apply charges! Most are reasonable though, speak to them and see what can be done!

The chances of getting the money back from your friend are probably slim.....for your own sanity I would deal with the main problem at hand and let the rest go! Is she worth the stress and worry?!

I feel for you, big hugs!

DEFINITELY DO NOT HAND OVER THE SIM CARD she could use it and run up even more debt for you......the contract is in your name!!!!

They will threaten and continue to threaten, I was in a terrible situation a few months ago, I had about £3000 in debts, 1 child, 1 on the way, my partner had left me, I was on maternity leave and My outgoings to keep a roof over mine and my daughters head, the house warm in the snow we had and fed was more than I was getting, I wasn't entitled to claim anything because my ex owned his own house....what has that got to do with anything?!?!?!? I had agencies calling, texting, writing every day.... 2 companies took me to court, the council for council tax which I couldn't afford and a vet for £120 (I felt that was a bit mean personally having paid them over £500 already for a misdiagnosis and finally got treatment elsewhere but that's another story!) The fact is the credit cards/banks/mobile phone companies etc really don't want to take you to court, especially over £60. I found the debt collection agencies threatened and then would pass my debt back to the company! Don't ignore it though because they love to apply charges! Most are reasonable though, speak to them and see what can be done!

The chances of getting the money back from your friend are probably slim.....for your own sanity I would deal with the main problem at hand and let the rest go! Is she worth the stress and worry?!

I feel for you, big hugs!

Bless you I hope things are easier for you now hun....xxx

Latest posts

Back