Need cheering up!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahp

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks!

I feel like my life has just ended!!!
Have been getting pins & needles in my left hand...mainly thumb, index & middle fingers. Went to the doctors today....I've got CTS (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome)!!! Been told to rest it until my op (in a fortnights time:Scared: ), then I'm not allowed to work for 4 weeks....why doesn't he just chop my arm off right now??
I'm already going stir crazy...think I've looked at every nail website going just to keep the boredom at bay:eek: . What am I going to do for 4 weeks??? doesn't he realise that my nails need rebalacing at least twice in that time, as for my poor clients!!!

In desperate need of some happiness....please help!!

I have every sympathy with you, but it's best to get it sorted out now before it gets worse. At least you're not having to wait too long. I hate to say this but surely you shouldn't be using your PC for any length of time either? Keep your chin up, watch Trisha and This Morning and the days will fly by! Lol :hug:

Oh poor you! Dont know what to say really other than hope you make a speedy recovery. Im sure a geek would be able to help out with your rebalances whilst you are out of action, just try to rest it and it may heal a bit faster..... chin up babe xx

sorry this is off thread, but .... bubble..... are we related?? PMSL!!!

Aspirations - I don't see any resemblance....... he he

Hope you get better soon hun, maybe its a good time to be doing all that reading of those textbooks you've been meaning to do. Good idea geting another geek to help with yourclients for a while or maybe you could pratice with the other hand lol.

Anyway keep your chinup it will soon be over

x

I had a carpal tunnel operation about 19 years ago, and things have definitely moved on since then.....quicker recovery, etc. It is only a small cut, mine was in the palm of my hand, and now just looks like a normal crease! Don't worry about it, but make sure you do rest it for the time stated. I wish you well for your operation.

Martine x

Best of luck with that, one of my clients had that done the other week its fine now no problem she even came for a rebalance 3 days after having it done bless her.

Chin up
Dawniexxxxxxx

Best of the look with op............................i have a few clients who have gad this done and the recovery has been really quick!!!!!!!

Take care!!!!

Amanda

Just listen to the doctors and don't let boredom get the best of you (trust me I speak from experience, but in another matter) Everything will be fine 4 weeks will fly by before you know it. Just like Scattyfox said use this as a time to review your textbooks and nail articles. Keep your head up babe, all will be cool beans!:D

Good luck with the op. You will be back at the helm before you know it. Just take it easy and look after yourself. :hug:

Thanks everyone for all your nice messages. Got this months copy of 'Scratch' this morning....that should kill a few hours.

Ms Matrix....so glad you and baby are ok :D

I have had it in both arms when I was 18 and 21 which they said was pretty rare I also had Pro-nater (SP) compression in the forearms with it and trust me you will be so much better for having the operation!

Just use the time to read up and focus on a pain free future..

Take Care and look after yourself!

I have so much sympathy for you babe. HOpe the op goes well. Keep your chin up and keep smiling. At least you'll have plenty of time for being geeky!! - LOL

Take care and good luck. xx

Latest posts

Back