Need experienced colourist help asap!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alixxx

Reaction score
Hi geeks.....

need help bad.... im a freelance hairdresser for the last few months but not fully confident with colour...
have a new lady tomorrow a friend of a friend she has really blonde hair very bright with a luvley pearley look off it i have met her once or twice...

she rang today and asked if i would do it tomorrow... she just had a new baby and the roots are bad... she sed its just an all over colour
im so so so nervous as she wud be very fussy and i dont really have experience in highlift blondes..
someone said to use 12.11 wella with 9% would this leave fuuny tones and would i bring it through to the ends as it may not match.?

i feel sick at the tought.. please help...
thanks in advance....:confused:

dont be bullied into doing it if ur not ready, u wud need to take a colour chart with you and match it up, i mean what base shade is she? u cant really take 12/11 through the ends if it is as light as u say as it will grab on and go overly ashy. . with highlifts u shud only really be doing the regrowth. . who did her hair last, she should be able to get the name of the colour she had done last under the data protection act, she can access any details on her colour card. . x

As Scottdolly said. Are you actually doing it tomorrow or going to see her with your chart and to do a skin test.

For future, maybe look into some wella colour courses, they are really good and have helped me.

If you are doing an all over colour then she will need a patch test 24-48 hours before being able to do her hair anyway.
Explain this to her and whilst doing the patch test take a couple of test pieces so that you can try a couple of colours to see how her hair takes.
If you feel out of your depth then don't do it. Better to not do it than hope for the best. It's your reputation on the line :hug:

Latest posts

Back