Need help-was this Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkerbelle1990

Reaction score
Hi, I had a gel polish removal yesterday and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on it.

Client came to appointment and I tried to establish what product i was about to try to remove. She said that it had no base coat, 3 coats of colour from a bottle with a brush (like a gelish/shellac bottle) which and then the nail tech put on top a gel from a pot with a brush.

I soaked the product off with wraps and to be fair the colour did come off ok. However the nails were shiny underneath and was different from the new growth. This layer did not budge with further wrapping so rather than buff it off i just left it. Unsure if i should have done this? The client swore nothing was put on the nails before the colour.

I got the name of the salon from her and they are advertising shellac but this doesn't sound like a proper shellac application to me.

Could anyone shed some light on what this product could be?

Sorry for the long post!

Xx
Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

it's definitely not Shellac. Shellac requires a base coat and all layers are applied with a polish style bottle. Never a pot and seperate brush. Unless Brisa/Brisa Lite is used with the Shellac. But that would be applied BEFORE not after the Shellac.

I don't know of any system out there as described above. It souds to me that the tech was mixing systems.

Latest posts

Back