Need help with moving into a salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twinkle

Reaction score
Hiya all, iv been doing mobile 4 2 years and as from last week I went into a salon.
Im telling every1 that txts or rings me that I'm in the salon now and prices havnt changed.
Last week I only made £70 which mobile I could earn upto £300 a week. Have I made a big mistake? And how can I get the customers in?xx

Give it time, these things may take a few weeks for clients to realise that your prices are still the same, and if they're happy with your services they will follow you. Have faith.

Could you do a mixture of both? Certain days are mobile and the rest are in the salon?

Can you offer more treatments or benefits now that you are based in a salon? You need to sell the added benefits to your current clients so they don't want to move.

I've just returned to salon work after working mobile, and I've taken a dip in earnings too. The problem is that people dont know I'm there yet. I'm advertising and have signs in the window etc but it takes a while for word of mouth to get round (I rent a room in a hair salon so its not like I have a shop window all to myself, it's less obvious that I'm there).

It doesnt worry me though. I've done salon work before, and I know that once word of mouth gets round, work starts to pick up. I agree that £70 is very low for weekly takings. Is your salon in a good position with passing trade? Are you advertising? As long as you're doing all the right things to bring trade in I wouldnt worry too much at this early stage, the potential for earnings is greater in the salon than mobile because you can book clients in back to back and dont need to leave travelling time between them.

Good luck I hope things perk up for you

Latest posts

Back