Need pro hair color advice!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kbrooke26

Reaction score
So I have died red hair. It's like a medium red and I want to go a little bit lighter red but still being able to keep the vibrancy. The last color I used on my hair was the wella color touch demi permenent in 77/45. It's nice but I still want lighter red.

Here is a pic of what my color is now.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393026149.676540.jpg

And I am looking to be more of this color.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393026296.593447.jpg

I love that color and I know she told me she uses goldwell and her stylist mixes a few colors to get that color but she doesn't know which ones.

I realize my hair is darker than this but if I use a permanent developer shouldn't it lift it enough to be somewhat closer to that color? A lot of my hair is highlighted red so I have a feeling it will lighten without using bleach. I don't want to use bleach on my hair at all lol.

The reason I don't go to a hair salon is because everytime I do they always give me the complete opposite color I want and always end up damaging my hair.

Anyone have any ideas which goldwell colors would this be and how to go about getting close to this color?

Thanks!
Kimberly

This is a forum for professionals. We dont give advice to non pros.

Not to be dismissive to you but this is a professional only site and the best answer to you will get to you question is
No..developer will not lighten it
No..you should not be using pro products without knowledge if them(it's dangerous)
No.. A hairdresser will not give you the wrong colour and wreck your hair if you go to a reliable salon

So I recommend going to see a fully trained competent hairdresser for a consultation before your hair is destroyed hth

Sorry Kimberley, we have spent £1,000's and yrs learning our craft, we will not simply hand over that information to a non pro who hasn't done the correct training.

If a salon has got if wrong before, go yo another, most will give you a free consolation or failing that go to your local collage where not only the cost will be greatly reduced but tutors in hand to make sure it's correct :)

Find a salon that uses goldwell and had a trained colour master in salon. It go to a goldwell academy for training so you don't pay full price.

Latest posts

Back