Need Shellac equivalent of Gelish Sweet Morning Dew

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CeeCee

Reaction score
As the title says I have a prospective client who wants this Gelish colour which I don't have and don't really want to buy specially. I have a good range of Shellac plus pink, blue and pearl additives. I was thinking maybe Tropix???
Any help much appreciated.

I would say Tripox is probably the closest color to Sweet Morning Dew. It's a little darker and more coral colored, but I think it would be ok.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

Yes that's what I thought too :)

You could try putting Tropix over cream puff? Might lighten it a bit? X

By the look of swatches of SMD it looks more orangey than Tropix. Do you think that layering over a bright pink like Hot Pop would make it more orange? I would give it a go but I'm not at home.

tropix over cream puff makes a brighter coral, maybe try tropix over studio white for a subtler look, or mix up with additives or try cream puff with tropix then iced coral or cream puff with 2 layers of iced coral

Thanks Souz. I tried Tropix over cream puff and it was pretty close so I'll give the ones with Iced Coral a try too.

All input much appreciated. Thanks.

Second left is tropix, next to it is sweet morning dew. It is a solid creme so prob suggest the layering starting with a light base then tropix. I find tropix has a lot more of a red tone to it myself. Good luck. X

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1370028855.603744.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1370028855.603744.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 3,896

Latest posts

Back