Need some serious advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blush&Glow beauty bar

Reaction score
Ok, so I have a huge dilemma with the lady I rent my salon from, so the salon is 1 shop that has been split in 2 one part is hair and the other part is my beauty salon so we have our own front doors just share the front shatters, so I had keys to the shatters as I get to work early then her since Sept this year I came to work one day to find that she has changed the lock for the shutters without letting me know when I asked about and asked for a spare key she made some excuse about not giving me the key because some people broke in and stole stuff from her shop, then 3 weeks later I asked when will I get the keys she said when you pay my rent on time which to be honest I was late with the rent on 2 occasions which I spoke with her about and have been making regular payments ever since i told her if she ever has a problem with me to came and speak with me as I have never said or done anything to her ever, well my issues with what she's doing to me is a long list but my biggest problems are every morning I have to stand 30 mins plus outside the salon waiting for her to let me in if she finshes work early and I have clients she stands outside the salon intimidating me to hurry up as her kids can't stand outside in the cold and she needs to close up also this Monday she had some tv crew coming to flim an ad for the salon and she told them to come inside my salon to flim and said that it was her business and I work for her when I told the tv crew that this is my salon and that I rent the space from her they went and asked her and she said no it's her beauty salon, I mean I don't know what to say to her anymore as I spoke with her and all she does is lie all the time I don't want to leave now as I have spend a fortune to get the place ready and only been there 1 year but I can't deal with this lady anymore and don't know what to do.

Time to look for new premises I think. It will only get worse.

Perhaps she's thinking of selling up and a sitting tenant isn't an attraction for some buyers

Sorry, but you'll soon settle elsewhere [emoji3]

So you rent from her? If that's the case, it may only get worse. Like the user above me noted, I recommend looking to move out. Look around in your area, and try to think positive! A Person like this will only drag you down!

So you rent from her? If that's the case, it may only get worse. Like the user above me noted, I recommend looking to move out. Look around in your area, and try to think positive! A Person like this will only drag you down!
Yes I rent from her but I spoke with her a few minutes ago and she said there is no problem and she gave me a copy of the key but she is advertising my business as hers online as a hair and beauty salon but her business is only hair and she said that she is doing me a favour for not charging the advert money, infact iam doing her a favour because iam the one who is attarcting half of her clients as they were my clients and I did her a favour by recommending her at the start

Well the key is a relief, but advertising that your salon belongs to her is what I believe to be illegal. In your business paperwork, if she is not a co-owner of your business, just the person you rent from, she should have no right to have ownership....Plus, the advertising was done on her part, you didn't ask for it, she just offered to adrvertise for free. This person is nothing but trouble.

Well the key is a relief, but advertising that your salon belongs to her is what I believe to be illegal. In your business paperwork, if she is not a co-owner of your business, just the person you rent from, she should have no right to have ownership....Plus, the advertising was done on her part, you didn't ask for it, she just offered to adrvertise for free. This person is nothing but trouble.
The business is 100•\• mine I just rent the space from her I think the best thing for me is to actively look for some where else and until then try to keep building my business and advertise online as a beauty salon not anything else.

Exactly. Be on the lookout for something else, and in the meantime focus on your business seperate from hers. I hope all goes well for you!

Latest posts

Back