Need some tips on filing new smile lines with gels..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailz73

Reaction score
Hi all

Havent had to ask for advice for quite a while.. lol..

Does anyone else use a hand file (NOT A NAIL DRILL) to file a new smile line when doing a pink & white backfill/rebalance.. and if so are there any tutorials on how to do this properly..

i am interested to know whether i am getting it right.. i seem to be having more and more clients who want pink and white and not asking for white tips (plastic) .. which is good..

am sculpting over clear or natural tips at the moment as saving for my sculpting training with forms .. (am still crap at those) lol..

any tips will be greatly taken on board..

loves and hugs

Sarah x

You don't have to fiddle around filing a new smile line. All you need to do is to thin out the gel over the area you want to re-whiten and then when at least half the bulk has been removed (only in that area), add your new smile line and re-balance the rest of the nail as usual. Very simple and very quick (although much quicker with a good quality drill in trained hands). :D

Hi Gigi

Hope all is well

Thanks for the advice.. have been doing this but saw somewhere about hand filing the smile line as in cutting it in like you would with a drill. I think i will look around for the nail drill training this year will save alot fo time i think lol..
thanks again

Sarah x

Latest posts

Back