Need someone to give me a chance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natbc1985

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am a couple weeks from finishing my nvq2 in hairdressing and I begin level 3 in september.

Just to give a bit of background; I am 26 I worked in a salon from 16-19 but due to unforseen circumstances was unable to carry on with college and working there at that time. I absolutely loved it though and gained some good experience within the salon.

So anyway, with me coming to the end of my nvq2 I thought it Would be valuable to me to get back in a salon environment, even a couple days a week. So I sent covering letters to a number of salons and have had no luck at all. I know my age probably puts people off but because I've done it before I get that everyone has to start at the bottom and I am not afraid to do so.

If anyone in the stockport area has a salon and Would be willing to give me that opportunity it Would be so appreciated. I love hairdressing and I really don't think anyone Would regret giving me a chance.

Thanks
Natalie
:)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using SalonGeek

I know the feeling. I'm 33 and finished svq level 6 last July. Been applying everywhere I can and no-one is interested. Think it's the age thing too! I rented a chair for a bit to get experience by myself and do mobile work. Obviously not quite the same as working alongside more experienced hairdressers. Just think if no-ones gonna take me on I'll do it myself. Quite disheartening tho after 2 years of college and being junior in salons during that time. Don't want to have wasted my time. Good luck and hope you find something soon!! :) You might have to volunteer tho, unpaid. I did, but depends on who takes you on how much you'll learn from them.

Latest posts

Back