Need the right contact number for tax about a p60?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautybunnyx

Reaction score
Hi,

By any chance does anyone know who to contact about my p60.

Basically I was self employed in 2011-2012 and then I had a job after in 2012-2013. So my taxes needed to include my employee job, well I left and she said she was going to get my p60 and she still hasn't given it to me, she said she don't have it so I must have it, but I said even if I had it can she get me another one and now she just ignores me so I don't have it and I need to finish my taxes of obvious, and I've paid tax out I don't need to pay becos I wasn't self employed etc

So what do I do?

I thought my employer has to get it but I don't know what to do, or who to contact in the tax office?

X

When I've ever had any problems with tax or my self assessment Ive just called HMRC, & they have been more than helpful... the contact number is on their website. Xx

Hi,

By any chance does anyone know who to contact about my p60.

Basically I was self employed in 2011-2012 and then I had a job after in 2012-2013. So my taxes needed to include my employee job, well I left and she said she was going to get my p60 and she still hasn't given it to me, she said she don't have it so I must have it, but I said even if I had it can she get me another one and now she just ignores me so I don't have it and I need to finish my taxes of obvious, and I've paid tax out I don't need to pay becos I wasn't self employed etc

So what do I do?

I thought my employer has to get it but I don't know what to do, or who to contact in the tax office?

X

I've never seen a copy of a P60 from any employer unless they have photocopied the original before it has been sent out to an employee, It clearly states do not destroy on them, these are year end certificates which I don't believe you can go back to print in retrospect. The HMRC will not keep these, they are not provided by them only your employer if they do their own payroll or your employers accountant/third party company who may do the payroll on your employers behalf.

Hi,

There would appear to be no HMRC regulation which forbids the employer from helping you.

This HMRC webpage

HM Revenue & Customs: PAYE end-of-year tasks for real time pilot employers

contains this statement about P60s:

[if] An employee asks for another copy, you may issue a duplicate. You no longer need to include a 'duplicate' annotation on the form irrespective of whether it is provided on paper or electronically.

As others have said earlier in the thread, you can contact the tax office for help - the number is 0300 200 3300 (you will need your national insurance number).

Best,

Robin

Latest posts

Back