Need to force myself back to the gym

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojo@tranquil

Reaction score
I am so cross with myself :-(
I used to go to the gym at one point 4/5 days a week a minimum of 2 a week when really busy.
Well because of moving my business and taking on staff, problems at home etc etc i haven't been to the gym for about 10 weeks. This week I have had slots put to one side to go and guess what I haven't been, I should be there now instead of writing about it !
I need to make it a habit and a part of my life again, but just can't motivate myself, even though I know I need to for my health and my mind.
Anyone got any ideas on how to motivate myself....:confused:

What about booking into a class even if just once, then you have to go & you'll have the bug back ;) x

A few things motivate me to go :

1. My boyfriend and I go together and are gym partners
2. I don't want to loose the muscle tone
3. Everyone asks me how I get my figure
4. The most important one, cost. I look at my bank statement and see that x amount has gone out and that it hasn't paid or itself

Hth xxx

I know I should pixie ! Classes aren't really my thing except circuit training and those classes are when I am working ....flipin work seems to rule at the moment !

Good points Ellie ! Me and my husband always used to go together at least twice a week but he has lost his mojo too !
Yes my muscle tone is going ....
Gym kit going on !
I am going to go now after my coffee ! Still time before work, late shift today !
X

Good points Ellie ! Me and my husband always used to go together at least twice a week but he has lost his mojo too !
Yes my muscle tone is going ....
Gym kit going on !
I am going to go now after my coffee ! Still time before work, late shift today !
X

Go show them how to do it :)))

Just think how good you feel after! It's always the first time that requires the effort. I do Pilates and a toning class every week and have always attended regular classes but now with the kids I can't go at all during school holidays, I just make sure the first day they're back to school that I'm booked on that class! Happy gyming ;-)

My gym routine started to get stale so we changed how we did things and it works better now, but I'm similar I don't really like classes! X

Well I got off my fat ass and went to the gym ! Boy that was hard, how can you lose your fitness so quickly ! I looked in the mirror at my bingo wings and rounded shoulders and thought you have no choice get on with it !
Thanks geeks hopefully I will get back on track now ! X

I know what you mean, Jojo. I used to run for almost 40 minutes at the gym, now I'm dying doing the first few weeks of couch 2 5k again!

I reallly have to shove myself to go to the gym and I'm always glad when I've gone. I will also admit, that I get secret chufties when every part of me aches the next day because it means I've worked. BAHAHA. Loser.

I take classes as well to shake it up because I get really bored. I just did body attack for the first time last week and I'm doing again tomorrow. It's really hard but it's fun! I love all the les mills classes I've tried (body pump, combat, attack.. etc)

Grab yourself a photo of an amazing body, or perhaps yourself when you were at your leanest and when you are umming and aahing whether to go or not-look at the picture and get yourself there! .. No doubt, you were happiest when you were the leanest you were and therefore knowing that the gym work will get you looking like that again should motivate you. It does me :)
Also, we've just booked our summer hol for 2013.. I know I've got loads of time before we go but tell myself it's easier to get motivated now to get toned rather than to wait and panic last min so book yourself something to look forward to!! ;-P xx

Latest posts

Back