Needy novice!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joanerella

Reaction score
hey you guys, im new to gel. i trained with ibd but on my french the white tip ONLY is lifting after a couple of days! any offers on why p-l-e-a-s-e!!!!:eek: thanks to any potential replyees as im losing the will to live...
thanks for speedy reply! what a great site. . . . . . no im not usingtips its just the gel overlay. i used IBD products but the white tip was Profile.
I 1. dehydrate
2.bonder
3.clear and cure
4.white tip (gel) and cure
5. 2x clear layers then cleanse (curing each layer)

Last edited:
Hi...welcome to the site

Do you mean the white plastic tip is lifting or the white gel...?

If you mean the white gel then my guess is that you need to cap the free edge more.

If you have used white tips and then clear gel to create the french then did you remove the shine from the tip..?

are you buffing the shine of the white tips ?

Some gels only cure fully on a clear tip or form. Try using a clear tip and using the white gel to create the french. Maybe try curing the white a little longer, as the light doesnt go through the white gel like clear.

Just a thought

Rachel x

or do you mean the plastic tip is lifting off the natural nail, rather than the acrylic is lifting off the tip? if this is the case your tips are probably sized incorrectly or you may need to remove more of the natural free edge before you apply the tip. a little more info about your prep and application and a more specific description of the problem might help someone give you better idea of whats going wrong:)
Posted via Mobile Device

thanks for speedy reply! what a great site. . . . . . no im not usingtips its just the gel overlay. i used IBD products but the white tip was Profile.
I 1. dehydrate
2.bonder
3.clear and cure
4.white tip (gel) and cure
5. 2x clear layers then cleanse (curing each layer)

I don't use ibd, but I've found doing 2 thinner layers of the white gel instead of one thicker layer cures better and doesn't lift at all (with the Bio I'm using).

HTH :)

Latest posts

Back